Posted this in the recordings forum, but got no feedback at all.

For one of my modules, i can do basically anything i want, as long as it is tech based, and as long as it is approved by the lecturer. I was stuck for ideas for a little while, but my project was always going to be based around microphone techniques, and i finally came up with a plan:

1-First, as a control, i will mic up a drumkit fully, and record individual hits of each drum.

2-Using tubing, and foam, i will attempt to create natural reverb, for example, placing one end of the tube into the underside of a tom, then attaching the other end to the microphone, and seeing the results.

After this, i will possibly use some filters, and manipulate the sounds in Logic to create a song, the manipulation will not be heavy in terms of effects, apart from filters, and possibly EQ.

What i want to know is, would this tubing idea actually work? I am going to look into various resources to see if there is some kind of formula or rule of thumb when it comes to how long of a reverb i get. I just don't want to put all of my hope on this one idea and find out it just doesn't turn out how i thought it might.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
What i want to know is, would this tubing idea actually work?

Sounds like the point of the experiment to me.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Quote by donender
For one of my modules, i can do basically anything i want.....

Fap
Quote by donender
as long as it is tech based.....

Technofap
Quote by donender
and as long as it is approved by the lecturer....

It will be approved
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by AgainstYou
Sounds like the point of the experiment to me.

Pretty much this, and if it doesn't work, find a way so that it does.
You shouldn't be asking the pit for help with your university homework...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I was asking more to see if anyone has ever tried this, before i try it and end up wasting my time with it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
I was asking more to see if anyone has ever tried this, before i try it and end up wasting my time with it.

Well, that's the point of an experiment then, isn't it?

Good luck.

If it doesn't, just slap some reverb on it in an effects loop. But theoretically it should be alright if you get the dynamics of the room right, or if you're using a cone with your mic.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0