http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CC8P369

If you guys are free, please help me out. I have this subject called 'Design and Technology' in where I live and it will affect my GSCE O Levels grade. Thanks in advance. If I posted this in the wrong thread, I apologise in advance.
done

EDIT: Though I didn't appreciate being in the highest age bracket.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Done dude!
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
I'm sorry to say this but that survey is really, really bad from a researchers point of view.

For example, question 3. Do you mean ...-style guitars? Like if I own a guitar shaped like a Strat, does that count as a Stratocaster? Or does it have to be a Fender Stratocaster?

Question 4; I buy a guitar when I feel like I need something new. Not because it has been 3 months since I bought a new one. Weird question.

Question 5; Not a good question. 'expensive' is subjective. Whether I find a guitar expensive depends on the quality and features. $500 for a starter guitar is expensive, but $500 for a quality custom made guitar is cheap as hell.

Question 9/10; What do you mean? I can change the pickups on most, if not all, guitars. Does that count as interchangable parts? You can change the neck pretty easy if it's bolt on, same with the bridge etc.

Nevertheless, I filled it out as good as I could, hope it helps you
ive always wanted to see a guitar where you could change pickups just by poppin the old ones out and sticking new ones in. no soldering or anything haha
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
Quote by mrsixstrings12
ive always wanted to see a guitar where you could change pickups just by poppin the old ones out and sticking new ones in. no soldering or anything haha

The Dan Armstrong plexiglass guitars had this feature. And with the quick connect plug on EMGs they are easy to swap too.

EDIT: Question 3 is a bit tricky. Ive got an LTD Viper (pretty much an sg copy), No name Strat and Tele copies, an Ibanez Les Paul and an RG370DXL which I guess could be classed as a "fat-strat". None of these are the models listed but are so close I'm gonna have to tick them all.
Last edited by sic6505+ at Feb 17, 2012,
Quote by sic6505+
The Dan Armstrong plexiglass guitars had this feature. And with the quick connect plug on EMGs they are easy to swap too.

was not aware of that! and too bad i dont like any EMG pickup
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
Quote by mrsixstrings12
was not aware of that! and too bad i dont like any EMG pickup

Liking it wasn't one of the original criteria, you can't move the goalposts like that!

Check out the Seymour Duncan Liberator. Its not as easy as unplugging one and plugging another pickup in, but its a solderless system for almost any pickups.

Also, survey done.
Done. And this.

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm sorry to say this but that survey is really, really bad from a researchers point of view.

For example, question 3. Do you mean ...-style guitars? Like if I own a guitar shaped like a Strat, does that count as a Stratocaster? Or does it have to be a Fender Stratocaster?

Question 4; I buy a guitar when I feel like I need something new. Not because it has been 3 months since I bought a new one. Weird question.

Question 5; Not a good question. 'expensive' is subjective. Whether I find a guitar expensive depends on the quality and features. $500 for a starter guitar is expensive, but $500 for a quality custom made guitar is cheap as hell.

Question 9/10; What do you mean? I can change the pickups on most, if not all, guitars. Does that count as interchangable parts? You can change the neck pretty easy if it's bolt on, same with the bridge etc.

Nevertheless, I filled it out as good as I could, hope it helps you
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yeah, not the best survey at all, but if the answers serve your project.... Done!

There are loads of surveys being posted lately... Wondering about all of the results.
Thanks guys! And interesting points right there... I never thought about it. Changing it now though... You guys will have to do it again. So I'll probably stick to this one. Thanks!
You guys are awesome.
How often you buy a guitar isn't broad enough. You think the least frequently people buy guitars is 2 years???? At that rate I'd own 15 guitars!
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Are you a guitarist? Questions were pretty wack.

And I felt discriminated against for owning 4 superstrats and no "traditional" shapes
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The "How often do you buy new guitars" question needs "almost never" as a choice. I've had the same two guitars for about 6 years now.

"Do you find guitars in the market today expensive" is a kind of whack question. There's $99 guitars and there's $7,000 guitars. There's $1,500 Gibson factory models and $900 hand made custom luthier guitars. There's no way to answer this question with a yes or no.

And lastly... an interchangeable bridge system would be an absolute nightmare for tuning and sustain. It would have to be so rock solidly engineered...
Last edited by Seref at Feb 17, 2012,
I find the whole idea of interchangeable parts wacky. We spend hours setting up our guitars so they play to perfection and then we are going to swap parts and do it all over again? Dumbest idea I've heard for a long time. And interchangeable headstocks? Wtf for? What's that supposed to achieve?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification