Just got done recording a cover of Moonshield by In Flames. Please let me know what you think, constructive criticism is more than welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJzirBMWoIE
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
An excellent cover of one of my favorite songs. Two gripes: 1) You should have just played through a clean channel for the acoustic parts. It would have sounded fine, and you'd get the full power of the song. 2) The bass sounds a little goofy, because it all snappy and really jumps out. Very minor issue, but next time I would use a subtler tone.

Overall, incredibly well done. Your playing was flawless and all the tracks blended together nicely.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
An excellent cover of one of my favorite songs. Two gripes: 1) You should have just played through a clean channel for the acoustic parts. It would have sounded fine, and you'd get the full power of the song. 2) The bass sounds a little goofy, because it all snappy and really jumps out. Very minor issue, but next time I would use a subtler tone.

Overall, incredibly well done. Your playing was flawless and all the tracks blended together nicely.

Thanks for the comments

Tbh I tried playing it clean but I just couldnt get a decent sounding clean tone out of my amp, it would have been closer to the original song but honestly it came out better using the regular distortion. I need to invest in an acoustic guitar

The bass is just the bass track from a guitar pro file so totally understand that, I dont have a bass guitar so I had to make do.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by serbusfish
Thanks for the comments

Tbh I tried playing it clean but I just couldnt get a decent sounding clean tone out of my amp, it would have been closer to the original song but honestly it came out better using the regular distortion. I need to invest in an acoustic guitar

The bass is just the bass track from a guitar pro file so totally understand that, I dont have a bass guitar so I had to make do.

I figured you used the GP track. Did you use one of the slap bass sounds? For a recording, I would use either a fingered bass or fretless bass sound.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
I figured you used the GP track. Did you use one of the slap bass sounds? For a recording, I would use either a fingered bass or fretless bass sound.

I didnt change any settings for the Bass, not sure what type it was set to. I will keep that in mind for the future though, thanks.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator