Poll: Why is there so many guitar players who don't like "V" guitars?
Poll Options
View poll results: Why is there so many guitar players who don't like "V" guitars?
I love V guitars
112 42%
I hate V guitars
156 58%
Voters: 268.
Page 1 of 5

"lol pointy guitar I am not 12 anymore and this isn't the 80s anymore"

Yes, just like how owning traditional guitars makes you 60 years old.... and this isn't the 50's anymore

"Vs guitars are so uncomfortable and unplayable sitting down!
"

You aren't sitting correctly. You are supposed to play V's in the classical position. I actually PREFER this position for all my guitars. I play my les paul in classical position also. It is better for your back and gives you much better access to high frets.

I mean I can understand not liking V guitars, but not for the reasons above...

What is your opinion on V's?
Can't stand the sight of them.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I haven't held one so I wouldn't know. I'm not really a big fan of pointy guitars, as well.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
They look super lame and tryhard-ish. Only reason I'd use one was just so I could look ridiculous.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
So, you got flamed in your last thread about a god awful looking Jackson V, so you post a new thread today only to get the same results...
Hmm.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
I don't like them very much, but I can't really place why. Just doesn't tickle me.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
They are synonymous with the cheesy metal cliché of owning pointy, oddly shaped guitars to look "different".
Maiden use Strats, Jim Root uses a Tele, loads of metal bands use LPs.
Personally I don't mind them, but I probably wouldn't own one.
I'm kind of indifferent toward them. I wouldn't personally use one as it gives off an image not like mine, as I aim to be a bassist in a prog rock band one day -- or something-something.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I like the Gibson Flying V. They're pretty comfy for me to play standing up. I've never tried one sitting down. I don't see myself purchasing one any time soon though.
I like them. They feel comfortable to play for me both ways, sitting or standing. Then again I use a Rhoads that I steal from my bro.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by sfaune92
...as I aim to be a bassist...

Shoot for the stars, man.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
I love flying v shapes but not really the pointy more streamlined jackson v sorta shape
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
are*

OT: I've actually never heard this. I've played a couple and never really had a problem with them. I like my Ibanez personally, but if I could go out and buy a bunch of guitars, a V would probably be one of them.
Last edited by gsd65 at Feb 17, 2012,
Because they aren't:

les paul shaped
strat/tele shaped
sg shaped

that sums it up.

personally i prefer electric guitars with a cutout like a v or x guitar so i can play in the classical position. Though I enjoy how an old, heavy as **** (weight wise) les paul sounds.
Quote by shredred
You aren't sitting correctly. You are supposed to play V's in the classical position. I actually PREFER this position for all my guitars. I play my les paul in classical position also. It is better for your back and gives you much better access to high frets.

We are sitting correctly. You do realise that for some people classical position is not comfortable? I find classical position irritating at times.

Anyway I don't mind some V's. The Gibson V's I'm not too fond of but the RR and KV style's I do like.
I've tried a couple and have had a problem sitting and playing them. I also do the classical position, as you said, but it still feels weird and like I'm having to hold the guitar up instead of it laying on me comfortably. They also look meh.

I have an 80's deformed star shaped guitar that's painted completely red, though. So I'm one to talk.
I love V guitars, but I can see why people don't like them. You would look silly with one if you were playing anything that isn't metal or hard rock.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
I've tried a couple and have had a problem sitting and playing them. I also do the classical position, as you said, but it still feels weird and like I'm having to hold the guitar up instead of it laying on me comfortably. They also look meh.

I have an 80's deformed star shaped guitar that's painted completely red, though. So I'm one to talk.

An X guitar is a bit better at it because the lower horn will rest on your other leg keeping it upright. I got a bc rich stealth for that reason. It balances perfectly like that without having to hold it up with my fretting hand.
They look terrible.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
I play rock music mostly, but I also like to bust out some funk, blues or experiment with some jazzy chords. So I prefer more neutral looking guitar that doesn't look weird while playing something different to rock or metal.
Quote by Jyrgen
Too dichotomous poll options. It's not that black and white.
This
ggg1 ggg3

I don't like them, my reasoning being a half and half split between the fact I don't like how they look/feel and the fact they generally come with pickups designed for metal and I don't play metal.

And they're generally more expensive than an equivalent quality 'normal' looking guitar.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I'm glad I bought my V years and years ago. It introduced me to the classical position, and I now play every guitar (my super-strat shape Schecter 8 string as well) in the classical position, and I have a footrest to accomodate.
I love em.I also like Dean ML style guitars and Dean Razorbacks.I find them to be far easier to play than traditional shaped guitars.In fact i find the strat shape to be the most uncomfortable thing ever built.Les Pauls are ok but the cut out is too small for me to get my hand into plus i find them to be difficult to play sitting down.
Page 1 of 5