This needs settled: Who was really stronger Super Perfect Cell or SSj2 Teen Gohan?!

Poll: This needs settled: Who was really stronger Super Perfect Cell or SSj2 Teen Gohan?!
Poll Options
View poll results: This needs settled: Who was really stronger Super Perfect Cell or SSj2 Teen Gohan?!
Super Perfect Cell
22 38%
SSJ2 Teen Gohan
36 62%
Voters: 58.
Page 1 of 2
This debate never ends. A lot of people say Gohan is stronger since he won the battle, others say Cell was clearly stronger but the other fighters butted in and distracted Cell and thats the only way Gohan won.

Who is Stronger?
Quote by shredred
This debate never ends. A lot of people say Gohan is stronger since he won the battle, others say Cell was clearly stronger but the other fighters butted in and distracted Cell and thats the only way Gohan won.

Who is Stronger?

dude..

Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I would say in a standard fight SPC would have won i think he was stronger and faster but because it was a kamehameha battle i think gohan was more powerful.
When Gohan first went into SS2, he was in another league compared to Perfect Cell. After Goku sacrifices himself, Gohan is emotionally wrecked and lost his anger and focus and pretty much loses his will to fight. When Cell came back in his Super Perfect form, he was much stronger, but I don't know if he was at the level Gohan achieved when he first transformed.

With the battle of the Kamehamehas, Cell was going to win, until Goku got through to Gohan and he unleashed his full power once again in one final push. The others attacking Cell didn't do very much to help Gohan in my opinion (Cell was pretty unfazed), except give Goku more time to coax the power out of him.
Quote by jetfuel495
Seriously, Gohan was a little bitch. And when he finally stopped being a little bitch, he was a cocky arrogant jackass, and that lead to Goku's death.

Fuck that guy.

Gohan was a bad ass in the Cell saga. Sucked everywhere else tho
Seriously you like the great saiyaman?
I though he was only cool when he was first ss2 and when ultimate. Though i dont feel the who buu saga should have been made. I thoroughly enjoyed kai for having no filler or buu. Also the episode 97 was excellent so heartfelt. Perfect way to end on of the best series of all time

Trying to type on an ipod so forgive mistakes.
Last edited by mybanez at Feb 17, 2012,
Quote by mybanez
I though he was only cool when he was first ss2 and when ultimate. Though i dont feel the who buu saga should have been made. I thoroughly enjoyed kai for having no filler or buu. Also the episode 97 was excellent so heartfelt. Perfect way to end on of the best seties of all time

Saiyaman is at least funny, Gohan was kind of an idiotic lil' kid.
Quote by mybanez
I though he was only cool when he was first ss2 and when ultimate. Though i dont feel the who buu saga should have been made. I thoroughly enjoyed kai for having no filler or buu. Also the episode 97 was excellent so heartfelt. Perfect way to end on of the best seties of all time
Series went downhill after the cell saga imo.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you

I thought it went down hill after frieza. Like up till the end of frieza saga you could tell it had all been written at the same time (saiyan to frieza saga), planned out. Like it was always supposed to happen. Then androids and cell saga's were just additions written after the success of the early seasons. But a good addition, not up to par with the earlier seasons but good.
Quote by jetfuel495
Seriously, Gohan was a little bitch. And when he finally stopped being a little bitch, he was a cocky arrogant jackass, and that lead to Goku's death.

Fuck that guy.

This. Gohan was a piece of shit and it's pretty pathetic when you peak before you turn 20
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by mybanez
I thought it went down hill after frieza. Like up till the end of frieza saga you could tell it had all been written at the same time (saiyan to frieza saga), planned out. Like it was always supposed to happen. Then androids and cell saga's were just additions written after the success of the early seasons. But a good addition, not up to par with the earlier seasons but good.
When I watched it for the first time as a kid, I thought the cell saga was awesome. The mystery surrounding cell in the beginning was cool, and so was the tournament.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
In response, I say this:
Quote by mybanez
Yep.

Akira Toriyama had originally planned the series to end after the Frieza saga. The publishing company forced him to stretch the manga out.

And even in the anime, you could tell everything went to shit after Frieza. The attention to detail and overall quality of animation deteriorated. Everything looked stupid and the fight scenes weren't even drawn out anymore.

And Vegeta's death is so meaningless in the Frieza saga since he came back. Toriyama's original intent was to end the series with him dead. He did a good job of making the audience sympathetic towards him, so it would have hit the audience much harder that way.
Quote by jetfuel495
In response, I say this:Yep.

Akira Toriyama had originally planned the series to end after the Frieza saga. The publishing company forced him to stretch the manga out.

And even in the anime, you could tell everything went to shit after Frieza. The attention to detail and overall quality of animation deteriorated. Everything looked stupid and the fight scenes weren't even drawn out anymore.

And Vegeta's death is so meaningless in the Frieza saga since he came back. Toriyama's original intent was to end the series with him dead. He did a good job of making the audience sympathetic towards him, so it would have hit the audience much harder that way.

Wow I didn't know vegeta was supposed to stay dead he was always my favourite character ever since i was a kid untill now. That would have been powerful to end it with the prince dead. Was goku supposed to live or die? I kinda think him being dead and having piccolo as the warrior for earth would have been great. The character development in this show is rivaled by none other. The once strongest most evil being on earth ending up having a father son like relationship with gohan. And also fighting for the planet he once wished to take over.
I don't like the way they killed off Buu. It just makes absolutely no sense to me how a Spirit Bomb could have killed him forever when, in essence, it did the exact same thing as Majin Vegeta's self-destruct. Why would Buu be able to regenerate after Vegeta's blast but not the Spirit Bomb. inb4 "SPIRIT BOMB IS OVER 9000 TIMES STRONGER!!!!" I don't give a shit. An explosion is an explosion.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
What the fuck are you guys talking about?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
What the fuck are you guys talking about?

a badass childhood anime that destroys whatever you think is better
I don't know because I'm not 12
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by jetfuel495
In response, I say this:Yep.

I never knew that. No one's ever even mentioned something like it to me before. But reading it over it DOES make sense, and I like the Vegeta thing too

Ashley
Quote by jetfuel495
Yep.

Wow. I never knew that.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by Trizek
Wow. I never knew that.

Goku was supposed to die when Namek exploded as well.
Bullshit.

Read this page (I'm too lazy to write these points myself):
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15102

There is no reason to assume that he intended it to end after the Frieza saga any more than any of the other major story arcs. And no, Goku was not intended to die on Namek...

I do agree though, it went downhill a bit after that and the Namek saga as a whole is by far my favorite part of the series.
Quote by rubbieh
Bullshit.

Read this page (I'm too lazy to write these points myself):
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15102

There is no reason to assume that he intended it to end after the Frieza saga any more than any of the other major story arcs. And no, Goku was not intended to die on Namek...

I do agree though, it went downhill a bit after that and the Namek saga as a whole is by far my favorite part of the series.

toriyama himself said it was supposed to end
Quote by shredred
a badass childhood anime that destroys whatever you think is better

I see.

Moving swiftly and elegantly forwards..
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Gohan was stronger. SPC got to come back at full strength after he exploded himself. Gohan had to save Vegeta's dumb ass and lost most of his power by taking a direct hit from Cell. Then Gohan still beats him with a one handed kamehameha
Quote by mybanez

Well, it was a manga first, but you're basically right. Akira Toriyama wanted to end it after Frieza, with Goku dying along with Frieza, but the fans (and the editors at Weekly Shounen Jump) wouldn't let him. So he did the Androids and Cell, and wanted to end it there. Again, nobody wanted that except him, so he had to do Buu. At this point, he was making fun of the series and what it had become.

He also wanted Gohan to be the main character, but nobody wanted that.

It's also worth noting that the manga was one single series. The English translation was done as two different series, like the anime, to avoid confusion. So in the manga, you have Goku as a kid, then you watch him slowly grow up, get married, have a kid, etc., and the series was intended to end with Goku sacrificing himself permanently to save the universe. Note that this actually happened in the Cell saga, but then one of the higher-up Kais made him alive again in the Buu saga because everyone wanted Goku back.

EDIT: DAMMIT JAY YOU BEAT ME TO IT.
Quote by shredred
toriyama himself said it was supposed to end

Prove it.
Seriously dudes, I know the wall of writing in the link I posted is intimidating, but it holds knowledge. Educate yourselves.
Quote by rubbieh
Seriously dudes, I know the wall of writing in the link I posted is intimidating, but it holds knowledge. Educate yourselves.

I haven't been on Daizenshuu EX in the better part of a decade. I didn't even know it was still going.

I remember the word filters that changed every Americanized name (especially Frieza Freeza) to more accurate translations.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Feb 17, 2012,
Quote by Draken
Godamnit Nappa.

Nappa is one of the best characters in DBZ Abridged. It's truly one of the best things on YouTube.
Quote by Holy Katana
Nappa is one of the best characters in DBZ Abridged. It's truly one of the best things on YouTube.

DODGE!
Quote by jetfuel495

Probably my favorite line out of DBZ:

Vegeta: WOULD A GHOST DO THIS??

-vanishes(gets teleported to Earth)-
Quote by xSheogorathx
Probably my favorite line out of DBZ:

Vegeta: WOULD A GHOST DO THIS??

-vanishes(gets teleported to Earth)-

My favorite is Piccolo's burnt toast line.

It's so terrible.
Page 1 of 2