I haven't posted here for a while, but anyway. This is the latest thing that I've written after a big number of failures and mild successes. There is a guitar, a bass, some drums, vocals (the tenor sax) and horns in this. This is my first time writing a horn arrangement so notify me if there are some fundamental mistakes with it. I'll be doing lyrics later and the song name is subject to change. "Lullaby" is just what the reminds me of.

Enjoy!
Attachments:
lullaby.gp5
I listen to mostly anything, except country and rap.
hey man , critting as i listen

nice mellow intro

like it when the sax comes in to the verse allthough its way to loud in the mix imo

from 25 its pretty good allthough i dont really know if i like the trumpety sound it has

verse again

pre chorus with more added sax and trumpet , cinda nice dynamic

chorus again + a new melody , again to loud in the mix imo but a pretty good melody

id suggest putting bot the sax and horn at volume 10

nice calm break , allthough to basic imo , could have a nice meolody/rhytm over it

like it when the rhytm fades in again

verse and chorus again

all in all its pretty good though not really my style of music , but its written well good job !

can you crit in flanders fields for me its in my sig , theres also a mp3 if you dont have GPX
Quote by MobiuZ
hey man , critting as i listen

nice mellow intro

like it when the sax comes in to the verse allthough its way to loud in the mix imo

from 25 its pretty good allthough i dont really know if i like the trumpety sound it has

verse again

pre chorus with more added sax and trumpet , cinda nice dynamic

chorus again + a new melody , again to loud in the mix imo but a pretty good melody

id suggest putting bot the sax and horn at volume 10

Did you listen with RSE enabled? Anything that's capable of RSE sounds much louder when it's on. That might fix the volume issue.
I listen to mostly anything, except country and rap.
Quote by RiseAgainstScum
Did you listen with RSE enabled? Anything that's capable of RSE sounds much louder when it's on. That might fix the volume issue.

nope did not listen with RSE , ill listen again and change my crit accordingly if its feels different , thx for your crit btw

mix is fine now

allthough you have the problem that your using RSE mixed with Midi.

wich creates a very small delay between the RSE and midi parts for some reason , at least on my pc , dunno why but i hear it.
Last edited by MobiuZ at Feb 18, 2012,