Hi guys! I recently managed to snag a Peavey Ultra Plus head, and am now looking for a cab to match it with. I'm looking for a 2x12 cab cause i think that would be enough for any future gigging, and I would have less problems transporting it too.

I have my eye on a used Marshall 1936 Vintage cab, could anyone give me input on that? I've also read good stuff about the Harley Benton G212 Vintage. I'm open to other suggestions too. I'm in the UK, and my budget would be £150-£200. I can save up for more if needed.

I play pop punk up to modern metal, I currently use a Jackson RR5.

Thanks in advance!
Quote by jj1565
what type of music do you play?

if you play mostly bees in a box music then go wt the MG
if you play transformers, more than meets the eye, then Spider.

Harley Benton Vintage V30 from thomann. Amazing can for the money and comes loaded with 2 celestion vintage 30s
i think the 1936 is mdf or particleboard or similar guff. assuming it is, avoid it.

the harley benton gets a good rep for the money, but i haven't tried it.

there's a new company in the UK, roadkill cabs, which i haven't tried yet, but which offer cabs loaded with eminence speakers for around £250. Might be worth considering too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Harley Benton G212 Vintage is probably going to be your best bet. If the Marshall is loaded with good speakers (are named and not just "Celestion", they have to have a specific model name) then that's worth looking at too.

I believe Framus and Orange make 212s near your price range as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Framus and Orange cabs are double the price of the Harley Benton, are they that much better?
And the roadkill cabs do look interesting, i'm not too familiar with eminence speakers though. Whats the difference between the Private Jack and Governor?
Quote by jj1565

harley benton at your price point. You are going to struggle to find a better cab until you get to at least 270-300 used.
^ depends on what those roadkills are like. you can get the roadkill 2x12s for ~£250-£275 depending on model and including postage (and I have a 10% off voucher that i got from someone on another forum, he said they said he could pass it on so I'm guessing I can too- if anyone wants it, just PM me) which, on paper at least, is pretty darn good for something made in the UK with good speakers.

Granted the harley benton is even cheaper, and if you know you want v30s it's nigh-on unbeatable value (on paper- i haven't tried it). It's barely more expensive than you can buy two v30s for at retail prices.

Quote by tx4venom

And the roadkill cabs do look interesting, i'm not too familiar with eminence speakers though. Whats the difference between the Private Jack and Governor?

I'm only really familiar with their american-voiced speakers (and not very many of them, at that )

I *think* the governor is their version of a vintage 30, and the PJ their version of a greenback. But as i said, I haven't tried them, I don't know how close they are (not that being identical is necessarily even their main aim, I mean they might be good speakers in their own right).

Oh and by the way, they can do any of the eminence models (though it ups the price a bit- the PJ and Gov are the best value). Or you can get them unloaded if you want to fit your own choice of speakers (but again that'd up the price, as they're giving you a pretty good deal on the PJ and Gov).

You'll get varying opinions on eminence (like most things). I like the ones I've tried a lot. But i've heard people say they don't like them, too. I think they're "good" speakers ok, but obviously there's no accounting for taste.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 18, 2012,
yep, they have a good rep. just they're a fair bit over budget, i thought, you're talking the guts of £400 for a 2x12. though, from what i hear, they often have ex-demo models on sale for cheap(er), so they might be worth emailing if you're pretty easy on the colour choice etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm i think i'll be going with the harley benton cab then, seems to be best for the price. thanks everyone for your help!
Quote by jj1565