Guys,

A young guy just started at my place at work and it turns out he plays guitar.Now we got talking and he was asking me about the solo from 'The Final Countdown' by John Norum from Europe.I told him it was a bitch of a solo to learn,and that i only mastered it a few months ago after years of trying to nail it.Now the little dipstick is convinced that the first(and hardest parts)of the solo are played a complete different way to what i figured was to be the way to play it.I downstroke both the B and E strings,and then hammer on/pull off.I read in an interview with Norum that this was how he plays it too.

Im pretty sure im right and that he can tap himself off when he reads the replies you guys put.

Lee
Quote by lookpizza
No way dude, you're wrong and you suck.

Whatever you mouthy twat.So how would you play it?

FWIW,i do play it another way-

B-string with a down pick, the 10th fret on the E-string with a downwards pick again, and then the 14th on the E-string with an upstroke followed by a pull-off to the 10th fret.

There are many ways that this can be played,and i beleive this one to be the more accurate going by Norums solo here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuayFYlMXt8&feature=related

or maybe im missing something.

I thought the purpose of this place was to help one another,and not be given crap by people like you.
Quote by Tayron27
Whatever you mouthy twat.So how would you play it?

I'd tell you but I enjoy knowing that somewhere in the world you're playing it wrong and look stupid when argue with people about it. What a fool.
I'm an asshole.
And FWIW,the guy at work tells me its all tapped...

So ill leave that in your hands then.
Quote by lookpizza
I'd tell you but I enjoy knowing that somewhere in the world you're playing it wrong and look stupid when argue with people about it. What a fool.

Ok,so im not going to get a positive answer from you.I may not be 100% correct,but i know i wont look a fool against a guy who is tapping the picked parts.Also,when i said argument-its not something that we will fall out over,just friendly banter-but i guess you dont get much of that do ya? You just run straight in with an Air Strike.

Im waiting for your explnation of how to play this solo then.I will hold my hands up if i am proven wrong,but im pretty sure you wont play it right either.
Quote by gateway01
See? This is the bane of my existence right here.

Sounds like you don't have very many real problems then. You're blessed.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
I don't even play guitar.

What's guitar ?

And what the hell am I doing here in the first place ?

All along this path I tread
My heart betrays my weary head
With nothing but my soul to save
From the cradle to the grave.
Huh, I didn't realize anybody even liked that song. Always seemed like a joke to me...

TS, do you play this on a keytar?

An accordion, perhaps?
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
Huh, I didn't realize anybody even liked that song. Always seemed like a joke to me...

TS, do you play this on a keytar?

An accordion, perhaps?
I met a girl who played accordion. She was jealous that myself and all my buds called each other by nicknames. So to join in she dubbed herself squeezebox.
he of tranquil mind
Squeezebox is a great nickname for a girl - whether she plays an accordion or not.

Hotter yet if she doesn't even know what an accordion is.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.