This is gonna sound like a stupid question, but after thinking about it, I still don't have found a solution.

I was playing today after I had not picked my acoustic for the last 2 weeks or so (I got a new electric, that's part of the reason), when suddenly, I realised that a small spider was inside, on a small web.
I tried to get it out by pulling the web with a straw (yeah I had one near me), but I failed because of the strings, and the spider fled somewhere I can't see it anymore.

Now I don't know if it's mother nature's way of telling my that I should play my acoustic more often, or if my playing is appealing to spiders... what I do know is that I'm allready annoyed when I drop my pick insied my guitar, the spider being way smaller, and moving, I'm fu©ked .

Maybe it'll get out eventually because it won't have much to eat inside my guitar, but I'm not very pleased when I think about the webs it'll leave...

So, any tip ? I can't be the first one to whom it's happening.

P.S.: this is not a troll I swear.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Last edited by Doogy-Style at Feb 17, 2012,
Try vacuuming. Seriously, lol.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
^ yeah but that would mean getting rid of the strings to be sure I get the spider...
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
I got me some spiders in my 'coustic, cobwebs 'tween my laigs.....

If you were a woman, this could be the makings of a really great country song... Or maybe the blues.....

I dun gotz me dem, spah-ders in my 'coustic, cobwebs a 'tween my poor old achin' laigs blues.....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 17, 2012,
Play Stairway, it'll move... Naah vacuuming seems your best bet if your that bothered
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
1. Take off your strings
2. Reach inside and get it
3. Re-string

Problem solved
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
^ if it's a cunning spider, it'll hide in places I cannot reach with my big hands haha.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Quote by MrWilson6
Play Stairway, it'll move...
Planning on boring it to death, are we...?
Don't be such a wuss!

Ok... Be a wuss. Take off the strings and use a vacuum.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
it's a freakin' little spider ! i've eaten bigger ones than that ! do like cranky says, write yerself a country song out of it and bon' appetit !!
Quote by Doogy-Style
I can't be the first one to whom it's happening.

No, but you're probably the first one that gave a s***...

Look at it on the bright side, you're guitar will never get infested with other insects.

Guitar fleas are almost impossible to get rid of...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 17, 2012,
Quote by Captaincranky
Planning on boring it to death, are we...?

Seems a good plan to me?
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
You should put a gecko in it. That will get rid of your problem.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by staticoverdub
You should put a gecko in it. That will get rid of your problem.
Really, not only that, but think how much money he'll save on car insurance...!
I wouldn't remove all the strings at once though, unless you want to risk hurting the neck of your guitar.
Quote by All_Acoustic
I wouldn't remove all the strings at once though, unless you want to risk hurting the neck of your guitar.
I know it sounds crazy, and a bit hard to believe, but you could almost get into trouble for posting that into this forum.
pretty sure your gonna have to remove all the strings at once. otherwise you'll never get the gecko in there in one piece...... i have a cheese slicer, i know how it works.
just wait and leave your axe with the soundhole uncovered. Alternatively, FLAMETHROWER THAT BITCH!!
Use some insect spray, vacuum it out, shake it out, light guitar on fire,
There are soo many solutions to this problem:
OR:
Leave spider in guitar, and become the homeless street busker who has an entire colony of venoumus spiders in his guitar and plays acoustic black metal.
METAL!
put a soundhole cover in and leave it on for a couple weeks, it'll starve/suffocate perhaps.
It never fails to amaze me how the dumbest threads got the most airplay, so to speak.
Quote by Doogy-Style
P.S.: this is not a troll I swear.
Need I remind you, the first sign of anything is denying it..... IE: "I'm not crazy".....
lol. natural spider web reverb. blow it out with compressed air?
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Unless the spider is singing out of key, just leave him alone... He'll eat the flies that find their way in there..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Get rid, it'll make your acoustic sound really digital

also

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1290319&highlight=spider+in+acoustic
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
This reminds me of a funny thing happened to me once. I was home alone doing stuff in my living room when I heard my freaking acoustic guitar being ''played'' in my bedroom. I'm a rational person but I was on the verge of shit my pants nonetheless (it was night time too).
Anyway when I went in my bedroom kind of expecting some ghost/demon/otaku/zombie/vampire/satan himself shredding my guitar I found a lil grasshopper sitting on the guitar hole, he was ''playing'' it by jumping repeatedly on the strings (some nice harmonics, I tell you).
Quote by All_Acoustic

yeah exactly. And I also wouldn't really be playing the guitar at all, the wood is very sensitive to vibrations!
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12