I was wondering which pickup you use to play like metal style solos? i have emg 60/81. also I seem to be getting alot of feedback while using the bridge pickup. anyway to get rid of it? usually happens while using the tubescreamer stompbox on my vypyr. thanks in advance.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
emgs should be pretty quiet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i suspect you have too much gain on the amp, and possibly the pedal. that would be my guess for the feedback.

as for soloing, I usually use a 60, unless I want a more aggressive sound
Yeah, I didn't think EMG's were supposed to be bad about feedback. Probably turn your gain down a bit... and the pedal too.

I remember I used to get a lot of feedback, but then I turned my gain down a bit, and it helped a lot. And I got better at muting with my hands.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

When u use a tube screamer drop the gain back on your amp a bit, that's the only thing i could think of. EMGs are usually quiet as
Stop using the TS-effect on the Vypyr.
It just adds fizz, feedback and riddiculous amounts of gain.
And any high gain model on the Vypyr is distorted and tight enough anyway.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I use Seymour Duncan SH-4, Jb Jr
Dimarzio Super Distortion
PRS Dragon II
GFS Fat Pat, Lil Killer rails

They all work good, but have a diff flavor to them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate