so i was planning to buy me on of those sweet hellraiser c-7's \m/
it's just i'm not sure which one, the special or the regular hellraiser.
the special one has EMG 81-7/85-7 but has no locking tuners(which i really need)
the regular has EMG 707TW(pickups are a bit muddy as alot of people said, but it does have locking tuners)
which one would you pick?

thanks in advance \m/
I had a C-7 Hellraiser and loved it. IIRC the 707's are similar to the 85's but i might be mistaken. I got mine used with a hard case, almost mint for $450. But mine didn't have locking tuners.

I haven't had the chance to play one of the specials, but it seems like the pickups in the Special are better, just because I prefer an 81/85 combo for EMGs.. If you like the special, why not just pick one up and put locking tuners on it? But remember you can probably find a really nice C-7 Hellraiser pretty cheap in good condition used.
Quote by shecter guy
I had a C-7 Hellraiser and loved it. IIRC the 707's are similar to the 85's but i might be mistaken. I got mine used with a hard case, almost mint for $450. But mine didn't have locking tuners.

I haven't had the chance to play one of the specials, but it seems like the pickups in the Special are better, just because I prefer an 81/85 combo for EMGs.. If you like the special, why not just pick one up and put locking tuners on it? But remember you can probably find a really nice C-7 Hellraiser pretty cheap in good condition used.

i played the special, it sounded great but i haven't got any chance to play the regular one. is it really that matters if you have locking tuners or not? i do have problems with untuned guitars. thanks in advance!
Well the C-7 Hellraiser I had didn't really go out of tune very much even without locking tuners, so you should be fine, unless you droptune the hell out of it and use thin strings. Otherwise it should hold tuning fine. I was going to ask why you have to have locking tuners.
Quote by shecter guy
Well the C-7 Hellraiser I had didn't really go out of tune very much even without locking tuners, so you should be fine, unless you droptune the hell out of it and use thin strings. Otherwise it should hold tuning fine. I was going to ask why you have to have locking tuners.

i'm changing tunings alot, but mostly i will stay on standard B or Dropped A, with a set of Ernie Ball Regular slinky 0.10
.....y are u only looking at schecter, tons on other people make better 7's.

have u played one?

are u aware of the huge neck?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
.....y are u only looking at schecter, tons on other people make better 7's.

have u played one?

are u aware of the huge neck?

yeah, actually i kinda liked it(and all this time i was playing epiphone les paul studio, scale 24.75. i got used to schecter, isn't that insane? )
but have u tried any other 7's?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
not really, there's not a lot of guitar shops that stock sevens near my area, i live in israel
Last edited by RIP-Dimebag at Feb 17, 2012,
ahh

go play some other 7's too.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Try Ibanez or ESP/LTD, you won't be sorry.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Quote by joey-only
Try Ibanez or ESP/LTD, you won't be sorry.

i was thinking about the Horizon NT-7, but i don't have enough money to buy this thing.
my budget is like 1050$
ltd's arent far from schecter. i found that the quality of the LTD's are pretty poor for the price.

definitely look at ibanez, or even agile at rondomusic.com.

and for your budget your could be looking at an rg7620 with a pickup swap and still be under
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
ltd's arent far from schecter. i found that the quality of the LTD's are pretty poor for the price.

definitely look at ibanez, or even agile at rondomusic.com.

and for your budget your could be looking at an rg7620 with a pickup swap and still be under

i was kinda sticking to the hellraiser, alot of people told it'll be an amazing guitar for the price and as a first seven(yeah..). i know the rg7620 sounds like shit with stock pups.
what would be the best pickups to put on the RG?
Just go for the normal Hellraiser, I don't have a problem with the 707TW's on my Hellraiser V, you just need to EQ you amp with slightly less bass then what you have and you're good to go

Also the necks are not "huge" its Ibanez necks that are too bloody thin and give you cramp! (well they give me cramp)
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Rob Rock
Just go for the normal Hellraiser, I don't have a problem with the 707TW's on my Hellraiser V, you just need to EQ you amp with slightly less bass then what you have and you're good to go

Also the necks are not "huge" its Ibanez necks that are too bloody thin and give you cramp! (well they give me cramp)

yeah dude people are like overreacting about the necks, they're not that thick and not that thin.
Quote by RIP-Dimebag
i was kinda sticking to the hellraiser, alot of people told it'll be an amazing guitar for the price and as a first seven(yeah..). i know the rg7620 sounds like shit with stock pups.
what would be the best pickups to put on the RG?

Crunchlab Liquifire for sure, u cant go wrong.

but with dimarzio's if u dont like the pups within like 30 days you can just exchange them for any pickup any number of times so u can keep goin till u find one u love if thats the route your gonna take.

but the cl/lf is definitely an amazing choice man.

and the stock pups arent bad at all. and i hate ibby pickups. they're just a bit lacking
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED