I've been looking into getting a pedalboard started over the past couple months, I've looked through a lot of different stuff and this is what I came to. A Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ and a Pedaltrain PT-1-HC. Would this be a good setup? Any better suggestions? I looked through the sizes and this one seem to do it for me, seeing as I only own a distortion and wah. I plan to get more but that size seems about right.
Sounds fine. You can always DIY a pedalboard though, or go for a cheaper option. But the Pedaltrain models are pretty damn reliable.
Quote by J C
Sounds fine. You can always DIY a pedalboard though, or go for a cheaper option. But the Pedaltrain models are pretty damn reliable.

cool thanks, i thought about that, make a nice shop project haha but i want one i can put in a case and what not. Would you happen to have any suggestions for a good delay pedal?
Carbon copy.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Look into brief case boards, not sure if you can find one that's as big as the PT1 though.
Use whatever you can find until you actually buy more. No reason to drop the cash if it's gonna be a while. I used a cutting board.
ΦΚΣ

Life is short. PLAY LOUD!
Digital reproduce your guitar nearly perfectly, but sound kind of cold. Analog delays are warmer, but some people think they are too muddy.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Quote by Jordan5150
I've seen those before, spendy, I dont know to much about em seeing as I own very few pedals, what are digital and analog delay pedals?

They're analogue. I love mine! It is an 'always on' pedal. It seems to bring my rig to life when its on. Clean. Dirty. It just sounds good. The modulation on it is subtle but useful. Some people think it's too dark but the warmth it gives off is just where I want it.

An important note about analog delays: The longer the repeats, the darker it will sound. As you can imagine, if you shorten the repeats, it will sound brighter.

Analog is too dark and muddy for speed metal. I don't wanna generalize too much but if its too dark and muddy and you don't play metal, I don't think you've turned the nobs around enough.

If you like the CC but it is actually too dark, look into the Way Huge Aqua Puss. Same idea, no modulation and is definitely brighter.

In the same price range you can get the TC Electronics Flashback, which is one of the best small delays you can get for the money. All of the patches sound great. The tape delay is one of my favorites. The tone print option is super cool as well! It is digital quite obviously, but doesn't come off that way unless you're doing something crazy with it. I have one of these too and love it!

Electroharmonix has a couple good delays in that range as well. I don't have as much experience with these.
ΦΚΣ

Life is short. PLAY LOUD!
Last edited by bpdeem at Feb 18, 2012,