about an hour ago i finally got my Gibson SG rewired for the final time with EMG's. it was initially standard harness, then i went to EMG's and went to a single volume and a total kill switch (i am not talking momentary) i mean so i can leave the volume knob alone, but shut the guitar's output off with the switch. at that time i still had the switch.

so about an hour ago i did the final rewire, two SPST (on/off) switches. one for each pickup. so i can run the neck pickup on alone, the bridge alone, kill the volume with both off, or run both. it sounds killer. simple and bare bones. i didn't want anything more of the guitar. it is the go to guitar for doom and the like, so you really don't need a whole lot of options on the guitar.

i am just posting this because i am sure plenty of people are getting sick of me posting things when i get them done. lol. i finished one.

tomorrow morning if it doesn't rain i will be completing the pair of oversized 1x12"s 3/4 baltic birch. have another sheet and a half maybe i will get some pieces cut for the next time i have time to assemble some new cabs.

finally i am able to work on the JTM45 clone, got the tube in a week or so ago. the weber copper cap is shit, and i did blow it. lol. so now i have the rectifier tube. i won't be touching it in the next few days, but i will get to it going. i think i have another short to chase though.

gotta figure out what is wrong with my MXR 10 band (i tried this a while ago, but to no avail), i sprayed deoxit everywhere and couldn't find the reason. it turns on but just pops and crackles terribly. i have tried it into the amp from the front end, loop. multiple guitars, cables, amps (including solid state) so i need to figure out what i need to do to fix it.

next i have a fuzz that isn't working all that well, i need to clean up somebody else's not exactly brilliant soldering, and change it to full volume potential, but i don't have small enough resistors. all of mine are one or two watts no half or quarter, so that will just sit for a while.

ugh. at least i got something done. i really want to get the JTM45 clone running.

if anybody has an idea why the 10 band mxr could be malfunctioning that would be great. i haven't looked at if for a while.

thanks all.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by pielover375
I came to this thread with no expectations. I left,... excited. Nice work.

thanks. some extra time is a nice thing.

believe it or not i had more trouble wiring this up than any other guitar, even four pots and caps, i can do it from memory, pretty much every gibson. but this you had to run one wire all the way through to the jack and split the coax that EMG's use wire to get some length, than. then after the switches everything got standard. i was also going to do the 18V, but decided against it. i want this for bass heavy dark tone and for doom.

but it was intreresting for a few minutes. at least i got it first try after i figured the wiring out. suprisingly i coudn't find a schematic for wiring that way at all, not even considering EMG, i don't have the quick connect ones.

turning both on really gives it some serious output, i can sustain on my Dual Terror with gain maxed on the fat channel (at 7 watts because it is 2 am here), i can get at least 15 seconds of sustain probably more. i have to let it set so i can go a little farther with setup.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/