I normally play on .10 Ernie Ball string in standard. I want strings that will retain a similar amount of tension when in Dropped C. Also my main guitar has a non-locking trem. Can I still drop tune it?
It's not so much that the Schecter's neck is ''fat'', it's that the Ibanez neck is anorexic.

Quote by rid_the_disease
Stare at me while I suck on your face
its preference. and the use for the guitar. i run 10's in tremolo guitars (more lead heavy shred type of stuff), but everything else and strats are in .11's in standard tuning.

i would try .11's at that tuning.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Keeping the same tension as standard 10's, hmm... 11's would be a solid bet, but for C I'd try and find a medium-top-heavy-bottom set (11's on top, 12's on bottom). Keeps the low end tight and the high end in tune, but you might not like the thickness of the strings.

Only one real way to find out though - give 'em a try and see for yourself.
Quote by da.benson8r
Keeping the same tension as standard 10's, hmm... 11's would be a solid bet, but for C I'd try and find a medium-top-heavy-bottom set (11's on top, 12's on bottom). Keeps the low end tight and the high end in tune, but you might not like the thickness of the strings.

Only one real way to find out though - give 'em a try and see for yourself.

+311. strings aren't all that expensive especially if you order online to try different packs.

also different strings are for different uses. i have a Gibson SG with dual EMG's that i soldered tonight with two switches (on/off for each individual pickup) no tone no volume, just on for each pickup.

i keep .11's on it for C# std drop B, yes they aren't anywhere near my tension (.11's on every guitar). they are really loose but it does me great for doom. its bassy its heavy it slaughters. i play that guitar differently than others, string height is higher, lots of fast riffing and slow riffing on the lower frets and lower strings. i can do leads, but that is when i go to the Prestige Ibbys.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
on my 24.75 inch scale Lp I use 12's...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
On my drop c guitar I use 12-56 strings. I use 10-52's for drop d tuning and I was finding that gauge far too floppy for drop c. I find it's roughly the same tension using these thicker strings, but they feel extremely beefy under the fingers.
For C standard I use 13's,with a thinner (non-wound) G subbed in from another set.I also sometimes put this guitar in E standrad.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Any set 10-52 or larger will do. I used to use 10-52. Way too floppy for me. I'm currently using 12-56 (heavy core, so they're probably more like 13's). I'm going to move up to 12-60 soon, hopefully that will satisfy my need for ultra tight strings.

So really just depends on if you like floppy strings or tight strings.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X