Gear:
Amp-Krank Revolution 2
Cab-Krank 1x12
Pedalboard- delay, eq, Ns2 Noise suppressor routed through fx loop
Guitar- Jackson dinky

My question is what can I do with my lineout jack?

Do I need a direct box routed into a midi interface or is that even possible from the lineout feature?

Thanks a bunch guys!
MIDI is not audio.

You can run the lineout to your computer using an interface and pit a cab sim on it
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
+1 to the above. MIDI is codes/commands for specifying parameters for a synth to play music as well as other instructions. You need to plug into an audio interface.
I have the m audio pro interface. can it handle the signal from the lineout straight into it?
And what are DI boxes used for then?
Direct in boxes are for buffering/amplifying the signal and sometimes adding cabinet emulation.
oh ok, so I dont need anything besides a cable then to run my lineout into my interface correct or not?
Quote by fly135
Direct in boxes are for buffering/amplifying the signal and sometimes adding cabinet emulation.

They are for converting from high impedance to low impedance, and back (if it's passive). Some of them have options to pad the signal, if anything, never seen one that amplifies it. DI boxes are for plugging things into the XLR ins on the board, which take a low level signal.

The M Audio will have a 1/4" in jack designated as HI-Z or GUITAR, they mean the same thing. You can plug it into there, without a DI box. If it doesn't have a hiZ input, then you will need a DI.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Ok, so I can run straight into the M audio interface from my lineout. To my knowledge my speaker output on my amp needs to be plugged into a speaker cab to prevent damage to my amp correct? So in order to record from my lineout, ill still need to be plugged into my cab and my lineout to the interface, and then add a cab emulation with software?
Im beginning to think just sticking a good mic in front of my cab is an easier option from what Im hearing. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the tech aspect of things, so please be patient with me lol Im trying to learn I just dont want to fry 2k worth of gear haha