What do they do?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Excuse me, but I was asking Cathbard.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
They attract insects and then burn them to death. The blue ones work better, that's why the bug zappers that the peasants use are blue. And we all know blue means better toan. Those bugzappers are the peasantry trying to imitate toanz gods but they are uneducated peasants and don't realise that they are mere imitations of the magical devices of the guitar gods of their legends. They hang their blue zappers out like an offering hoping to entice the approval of the toanz gods who will then bring soulful music into their lives.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
They attract insects and then burn them to death. The blue ones work better, that's why the bug zappers that the peasants use are blue. And we all know blue means better toan. Those bugzappers are the peasantry trying to imitate toanz gods but they are uneducated peasants and don't realise that they are mere imitations of the magical devices of the guitar gods of their legends. They hang their blue zappers out like an offering hoping to entice the approval of the toanz gods into their lives.

Thanks, if that's the case. Would it be best to keep the head box off? I don't want to have to clean it so often.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
No, all you need is a spider to clean up the mess. This is why Line6 created an amp called a spider and why it is so bad. They are missing all the vital ingredient that invites the sustenance for the spider that those who know use to encourage them to live in their maps - blue tubes.
So they are trying to fool people into thinking it must be good because everybody knows that guitar gods have spiders in their maps. Yet another instance of a misinterpreted fact twisted by the uninitiated to fleece the peasants out of their hard earned cash.
In reality the reason for the spiders is just that guitar gods are always too stoned to be bothered cleaning out all the dead bugs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 18, 2012,
Is that why solid state amps are widely better and recommended over valve amps? Because there isn't the need for a built in spider?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
hilarious, cath!!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Wow, just wow
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The reason beginners think spiders are good is because they hear their betters say "spiders are good" and think they are talking about the amp called spider instead of the pet spiders that keep their tube amps clean. This is of course why Line 6 called their amps spiders in the first place. After all isn't modelling just another way of saying fake?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The reason beginners think spiders are good is because they hear their betters say "spiders are good" and think they are talking about the amp called spider instead of the pet spiders that keep their tube amps clean. This is of course why Line 6 called their amps spiders in the first place. After all isn't modelling just another way of saying fake?

I'm super arachnophobic. Is there a way to get around this?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt

No, sack up and deal with it or learn to use a vacuum cleaner.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Eppicurt

Just use paralyze and the Frostbite Spiders will attack each other.

I'm assuming that they'll kill the insects too, as long as they're under level 30.

...............I play way too much Skyrim
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by greeny23
can i use a lightbulb instead?

Replace all your valves with lightbulbs and it'll be fine
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Lightbulbs are mere imitations of the true devices of toanz. They are castrated shades of the mighty thermionic valve. If you doubt me, count the electrical contacts of both. The lightbulb is missing the vital components, they have been neutered by Apollo himself. Mere mortals have lightbulbs and bugzappers, guitarists have valves. Although the peasantry do not know why, they look upon the keepers of the mighty talismans with awe.
But we speak too much of the great secret truths in too open a forum. We know not what barbarians are spying upon us.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

But we speak too much of the great secret truths in too open a forum. We know not what barbarians are spying upon us.

To late! I have all the info I need and the truth shall set every barbarian free to roam this great (ish) planet and steal all the said tubes of wonderment from the amps of the guitarist and we can finally return to the lute! All hail the lute! Hoorah, hip hip hoorah
Many have tried before and failed. Long have we fought off uprisings from the valley of Silicon and one by one they have all been vanquished and revealed as unworthy unsurpers. The strength of Thermion will prevail, as it always has and always shall.
Begone peasant and tend to your sheep.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Uuuh...I have the toanz toobz but am also a barbarian...what do I do? All I know is how to weild my Axe and melt faces with it...should I destroy the toobz or continue the pillaging? All I know is I thirst for Vengeance...
Quote by Eppicurt

Bearded Dragons are pretty effective. Lizards arewarm-blooded so they stay nice and happy in the warm depths of your amp.

In reality, valve amps aren't actually that great but NATO likes to perpetuate the myth. Why? It means there's a huge stockpile of thermionic valves spread all over the world in the event of nuclear war (standard transistor electronics are rendered inoperable by the huge EMP of a an atomic blast). Extremely clever.
Russia and China don't mind since they're making a ton of money from manufacturing most of the valves.
This is possibly the best thread I've seen in a long time

Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12