I was driving the other day with the radio on (because I don't have a CD player in my car) and this song came on. It starts out sounding like your every day rock riff. Then I started paying attention to the rhythm section and my head almost fell off.

The song is Pressure and Time by Rival Sons.

There is nothing difficult or technically astounding about this song but it is put together very well. It climbs up, peaks, and comes down beautifully. My favourite bit is after the solo and there guitar really lays back with some sustained chords and the drums and bass really lock in a sick groove.

I usually am not a fan of radio singles but this song is awesome.

Give it a listen.

I've started checking out some of their other songs as well and let me just say this: Rock and Roll is most definitely not dead. It's just been resting.
Ooh, I like that part were the bass repeats that set of 3 notes under. I think that's the chorus. Pretty cool song! No desire to find their albums and whatnot since as you said it's nothing new, but it would be awesome to catch them at a show sometime.

After listening to All Over The Road I can say I definitely prefer this to stuff like The Answer and other AC/DC wannabes.
Last edited by frankv at Feb 18, 2012,
Absolutely. kind of refreshing.

Yeah I especially love when the bass picks up those three notes over and over again when the guitar backs off. Very groovy stuff.
Quote by frankv
Ooh, I like that part were the bass repeats that set of 3 notes under. I think that's the chorus. Pretty cool song! No desire to find their albums and whatnot since as you said it's nothing new, but it would be awesome to catch them at a show sometime.

After listening to All Over The Road I can say I definitely prefer this to stuff like The Answer and other AC/DC wannabes.

Heard this song a while ago, didnt impress me then, still doesnt now. Its just far too simple and boring, sounds like an original from a pub band and the solo was dreadful, Ill admitt the singer was pretty good though.

The Answer shit all over these guys and after your comment I can only assume you have never actually heard any AC/DC
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Heard this song a while ago, didnt impress me then, still doesnt now. Its just far too simple and boring, sounds like an original from a pub band and the solo was dreadful, Ill admitt the singer was pretty good though.

The Answer shit all over these guys and after your comment I can only assume you have never actually heard any AC/DC

I'm just going to assume your opinion is neglectable.
They're awesome.

Also, listen to Radio Moscow, Graveyard, Witchcraft... if you never listened to them, of course.
The Parlor Mob is also similar to a lot of these, specifically Can't Keep No Good Boy Down.