Hello guys i will keep this one short. Quite simply i hold the pick between my thumb and middle finger and ive noticed every other player who i have seen holds it between the thumb and index. I can play with the pick between thumb and index but it will take some getting used to. Is there anything wrong with holding the pick between the thumb and middle finger? Cheers guys
Do whatever the heck you want man. Don't change yourself, because you dont do what everyone else does!
THALL
Quote by JaredHind
Hello guys i will keep this one short. Quite simply i hold the pick between my thumb and middle finger and ive noticed every other player who i have seen holds it between the thumb and index. I can play with the pick between thumb and index but it will take some getting used to. Is there anything wrong with holding the pick between the thumb and middle finger? Cheers guys

nope, theres nothing wrong with it.
Eddie Van Halen does it so that he can tap more powerfully and quicker.
I think you should get used to index/thumb and then decide which to use in the future. You might find that it works better or that it doesn't.

As long as there's no unnecessary tension and you can play what you want to play I don't see a problem with using thumb/middle.
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT23yafjAN4

There is no advantage to holding it using the middle but there is to using the index. Make the switch, it will benefit you.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You wont be able to hybrid pick as easily if you hold it with the middle finger.

I prefer taping with my middle finger as well, i find it easier. so you won't be able to do that either...

in the end its down to preference though.
If I were you, I would switch. I used to play like that and tried doing it the other way. And bam! I got much cleaner and faster and it also greatly improved my articulation.