does anyone have any experiance with this?

What are the other brands of this type of system I should check out?

This is for a buddys JS100 that I'm doing work on, so any info would be helpful.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Seems kind of pointless... I can just NOT USE the tremolo and it works the same way....
RoboHendrix wrote:

megaironpriest wrote:

Glad to see Bruce and Rob on there.

Stevie Wonder is a great singer but he would be really boring the watch, he just sits there the whole time

Stevie Wonder is blind...moron...
Quote by Polaris666
Seems kind of pointless... I can just NOT USE the tremolo and it works the same way....

You obviously have no idea what the tremol-no actualy does.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
You obviously have no idea what the tremol-no actualy does.

LOL this
Yes, though since I just use it to lock the tremolo it's kind of a waste of money. I could always just stick 5 cents worth of wood in there and block it. If you want to be able to lock and unlock the tremolo though, it might be worth it.
I prefer to block it, Tremol-no's start to slip after a while.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Tremol-no's are not just for locking the trem. You have the option to look and unlock it at the turn of a screw. Pretty nifty if you ask me.

One thing you'll have to look into TS is that there are 2 different kinds of tremol-no. They both do the same thing, but are installed slightly different. You will have to find out which one is better for the guitar.

I dont actually have one, but I looked into them a while ago.
Theres pin, small clamp and large clamp.
If you go to there website there is a chart that shows which one is recommended for the trem. The OFR has the pin recommended, however i would recommend the small clamp as the pins snap commonly.
I know about the diff types, I was just looking for people who have first hand experiance with them.

I thought about the trem setter, but hewants to beable to use his floyd and have the ability to block it when he wants.
He originaly wanted to just block it, but I talked him into possibly getting the tremol-no so he could choose
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Didnt like it.

it also ended up destroying the trem in a giant exlposion.

Also after a while of screwing and unscrewing you wear little bumps in the bar so it doesnt work properly either.

Waste of money.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i found mine very fiddly

i'd also say that it might not work so well with non-OFR type trems- not that it doesn't work, but on my gotoh the drop C didn't fit (i guess it has tighter springs)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks Tom and Dave, thats the answers I was looking for.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i should add that i'm terrible at setting stuff up- it might just be me who found it fiddly.

but yeah... i mean i found it just made everything a fair bit more awkward, for very few gains (if i'm massively changing tunings odds are i'd want a different guitar with a different gauge of strings, anyway... granted being able to lock it for double stops was pretty cool)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, he is deff not a tech guy at all, he just plays the hell out of a guitar.

I was thinking the Tremol-no because it is soposedly easy to operate.

I think I'll just do the TremBlocker Tom sugested. Sounds simple enough for him.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah i found it the opposite. and while i'm no tech guy either, floyds don't normally annoy me that much.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And I pesonaly dont enjoy floyds at all. But then again I can count on 1 hand the amount of floyd setups I've done

They just take me a little longer than I like to take on a bridge set up. I go from a 30 min job to a hour long teter toter battle
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate

probably takes me about an hour too. though it takes me that long on any guitar
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah

once you get used to it you can sorta anticipate it a bit, which saves time
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've got one in a Highway One Strat that I've used for blocking the tremolo. After about five years, the thing is still rock solid. As for using it to stabilize a standard Fender Tremolo, it should work rather well. Since it slides along a fixed steel rod, it should smooth things out considerably. I don't know how well it would work for a Floyd. The only way to determine if it is what you want is to install one in your guitar and see if it does what you want it to do.

Good luck.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley