I want to get a 7 string and would like to hear some suggestions for the best i can get with a $600 or $700 dollar budget. Will be used for playing in the style of bands like behemoth

EDIT: I'm used to playing on my ESP F-50 so maybe if can think of one with similar comfort? not into V style bodies
Last edited by krisis99 at Feb 18, 2012,
I've got an ESP MH417 that I'm quite pleased with (after swapping it's neck and bridge pups for eachother), and it cost me €700. That's a lot more than $700 ofcourse, but, you might be able to find it four aboot $700 where you're at.
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
right at the top of your 700 dollar budget is the ESP LTD MH-417.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
anyone know if it comes with passives? or will i have to switch out the active pups
It comes with actives. The only guitars in that range that don't come with actives that are also 7 strings are Ibanezes... I think the RGD7421 is right in your price range.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
looks a lot like the prestige, which i saw here in toronto for $419, one of the older models. looks nice though, ill have to see if my music shops here carry one so i can try it out
Look around for a used LTD MH-417. I think they're a really good value in their price range, because they come with EMG's already. Most 7 strings around that price don't.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ESP/LTD just released heaps of new 7/8 string models this year, check them out, i brought the LTD 308 and it is choice as.