I am looking for my first electric (I have a yamaha acoustic and an Azalea classical) And was wondering which was better. OR, what good guits could I find used for ~300
Don't do starter packs. You will only regret it. I suggest saving up and buying a used Fender Strat or Tele. You can find a good MIM one for around $100 more. I have one and I have yet to "outgrow" it. They're great guitars.
not a fan of teles, I'll check out some MIM strats, how often are they found used?
Quote by AYarusch
I am looking for my first electric (I have a yamaha acoustic and an Azalea classical) And was wondering which was better. OR, what good guits could I find used for ~300

Im sure you could find a used Fender Strat for around $300, but then there is still the amp...
I have a Peavey Audition that my bro uses on his crappy cruiser electric

is that genrally good w/ a strat?
Last edited by AYarusch at Feb 18, 2012,
I'd get one of these for an amp. Not the best in the world, but for the price it's pretty good. If you're still asking if packs are good then this amp is definitely good for your skill level.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-CUBE-20XL-20W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-106551674-i1660085.gc
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
don't bother with the starters, i would go with the MIM strat since you don't like teles and then probably go for a roland cube? they are usually pretty good practice amps. I would say try out an orange tiny terror 15w but its like $800 lol.
my friend has an RG350 that is decent, but the only thing is that the frets feel too tall, I suppose that strats would not have the same feel?
Budget? - 300~

Favorite Artists? - Steve vai, aerosmith,

Preferences? - like Strat-styles and LPs, prefferably with 24 frets(not really necessary)

Pickups? - standard HSH passives

New or Used? - either or, used would get a better deal though

Location? - Montreal, Quebec

Current Gear? - Azalea Classical guitar, Yamaha f-something acoustic, Peavey Audition amp, Crybabay Wah, Crappy distortion, Cruiser RV800(dislike the jack on the bottom, and it's my brothers) Several Harmonicas, not that it matters

Musical experience - Concert Oboist, harmonica player, ~a year of Acoustic+Classical, Contrabass
Last edited by AYarusch at Feb 18, 2012,
Quebec, eh? How do you feel about Godin? The Exit 22 lists for $500 on MF, but you should be able to get it for much less up there in the snowy tundra.

I've also heard very good things about the squier Classic Vibe models, and have been very happy with my vintage modified bass. Not the squier you're used to.

Going used will open up a bunch of other doors. There are a ton of Godin guitars on ebay right now that look like they'd work. If you hit craigslist, post some of the links up here just to make sure you arent looking at a lemon/scam.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_Distance=1&_sacat=33034&_from=R40&LH_PrefLoc=3&_nkw=godin&_pppn=r1&_dmpt=Guitar&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=366
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Last edited by staticoverdub at Feb 18, 2012,
lol, snowy tundra? We got next to no snow this winter, I'll look into the godin