Okay Im having an issue with the neck pickup on my epiphone sg, but I'm not sure what's actually wrong with it. Sometimes when I go to play it it makes absolutely no noise when I play it through my amp and other times it almost normal. Btw these are the stock pups. Also sometimes when I'm lucky enough for it to work it will sound very faint and buzzy. The bridge seems to be headed down the same road.

So I was wondering if anyone else ever had this problem. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it just time replace them. One other thing I left out is that I opened up the control cavity and everything looks fine(no wires torn or anything). And this guitar was purchased new 3 years ago. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by KEEPTHE METAL33 at Feb 18, 2012,
make sure it's not your input jack or cable that's bad first - the problem you described sounds more similar to that. In 15 years of playing, I have never had pickup just up and die on me. Not to say it's not possible, but rule out all other options first.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
There could be bad connection and need re wiring or something but I'm not entirely sure
I don't think that's it because I play with the same cord through another guitar and its fine, but I'm not sure about the input jack
You have a problem with the pick up selector, its a common problem with Epiphone's its happened to two of mine.

Just get it replaced
Quote by KEEPTHE METAL33
@capt clarkson so you've had this same problem?

yup it happened to my Epi Explorer and my Standard Les Paul, they give them shit pickup selectors, buy a Gibson pup selector from ebay
Epiphones are notorious for having terrible wiring. Just resolder everything, and you should be good to go.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X