hey guys please help me. some parts in my fretboard (the parts i use the most) are loosing it original dark color, its getting whiter, i dont know what to do to avoid it! i bought my guitar 3 months ago, and i use it quite a lot. its an epiphone les paul 100. what do you guys recomend?
do you have any pics?

maybe it's crappy cheapo rosewood and they dyed it to make it look darker and better. if so... don't worry about it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
are you sure it's actually wearing? it could be dirt that builds up in the cracks, or it could just be the fretboard drying out.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Google fret board conditioner and buy whatever you think is best for your guitar
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
No matter how much you use it, there's no way even cheap rosewood will dry out in ~3 months unless you've been putting it through some really tortuous conditions, like playing it next to a radiator then storing it in a cold room.

If you're really paranoid about it drying out, buy some lemon oil. Apply a very, very tiny amount (a couple of drops at most) to a clean, soft cloth, and gently rub this on the lighter areas. Do not scrub at it, do not drown the fretboard in oil. It is possible to damage the fretboard perminantly if you use too much oil.

What's most likely is simply, as Dave_Mc said, the dye Epiphone use on the fretboard has rubbed off.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you have any pics?

maybe it's crappy cheapo rosewood and they dyed it to make it look darker and better. if so... don't worry about it?

Most likely this. A lot of companies "dye" their fretboard to hide the fact that the rosewood they use is really crappy/ugly. Do your fingertips get black when you play?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Most likely this. A lot of companies "dye" their fretboard to hide the fact that the rosewood they use is really crappy/ugly. Do your fingertips get black when you play?

yes they do get kinda black. so i gues its some crappy rosewood. but do you think some lemon oil can help in some way or not?
depending on what the dye is lemon oil might actually speed up the process if it dissolves the dye
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
What kind of strings are you using?

i dont know, i use the ones that came with the guitar, except for the high e i broke. im using a ghs guitar boomers roundwound string or something like that 010 caliber