Guy offers you 1 MILLION, puts 1 bullet in a 6 round gun, would you do it? (read op)

Poll: Guy offers you 1 MILLION, puts 1 bullet in a 6 round gun, would you do it? (read op)
Poll Options
View poll results: Guy offers you 1 MILLION, puts 1 bullet in a 6 round gun, would you do it? (read op)
I would take the risk
94 43%
No way, I would turn down the chance
126 57%
Voters: 220.
Page 1 of 4
Guy has a 35 special. He puts 1 bullet in the gun, leaves the other 5 empty. He lets you check out the barrel, and will let you spin it and close the barrel.

He will give you 1 million to put the gun to your head and click the trigger. You have a 84% chance of success. Would you take the risk for the million?
Quote by UntilISleep
Shoot him and take the money.

There will be 6 others armed guys for security for the guy offering you the money.
Quote by StewieSwan
84% is damn good odds.

but 16% of death. Also, a 35 special will leave 0% chance of your brain intact
Quote by shredred
There will be 6 others armed guys for security for the guy offering you the money.

Fine, I'd do it.

Also, I'm fairly certain it's 38 special, not 35
Only if he gives me a few practice shots.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
I'd do it.

Quote by UntilISleep
Also, I'm fairly certain it's 38 special, not 35

didn't notice that. but you right, you right.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
It'd be tempting, but I'm not sure I could go through with it.

The guy will have a briefcase containing 1 mil in cash. Would that sway you?
Risk my life for excess money? Nah.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Andrew C. S.
1 million isn't really that much money.

It would allow you to buy a $750,000 house, a $50,000 car and still have $200,000 savings
My value of life exceeds 1 million dollars i believe, I wouldn't even think twice. For a billion dollars on the other hand.... still probably wouldn't do it haha
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by shredred
It would allow you to buy a $750,000 house, a $50,000 car and still have $200,000 savings

You obviously don't know how money works...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
84% seems like good odds to me. I don't think my life is worth £1 million though.

However, wouldn't the bullet kinda be affected by gravity? When you spin the barrel the bullet will come to rest at the bottom of the barrel, thus increasing odds of survival. Or at least that's what logic dictates to me. But I know jack shit about guns.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
no f*cking way
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by UntilISleep
Shoot him and take the money.

This is what I came in here to post.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Although it's tempting, I don't care that much about money.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by BeefWellington
84% seems like good odds to me. I don't think my life is worth £1 million though.

However, wouldn't the bullet kinda be affected by gravity? When you spin the barrel the bullet will come to rest at the bottom of the barrel, thus increasing odds of survival. Or at least that's what logic dictates to me. But I know jack shit about guns.

Obviously. The part you said before it is somewhat irrelevant. You're supposed to close it while it's still spinning. I know it said you get to do it, but I'm not sure he'd let you sit there and spin it until you know it won't line up.

OT: You don't spin the barrel, you spin the chambers. I know it's a little pedantic, but still....

I wouldn't do it, it's definitely not worth it.

However, you just said a 6 round gun. That doesn't mean it's a revolver, it could be another semi-auto, in which case I would immediately turn it down, with a near 100% chance of it shooting (not 100% due to random mechanical errors, dud bullet, things like that).

I feel like this thread is a waste of time, I don't even know why I felt inclined to reply.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Even if the odds of losing are less than 20%, $1,000,000 is not enough for me to literally gamble my life.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Obviously. The part you said before it is somewhat irrelevant. You're supposed to close it while it's still spinning. I know it said you get to do it, but I'm not sure he'd let you sit there and spin it until you know it won't line up.

I never claimed to be a gun expert. My search for a loophole was fruitless.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
83%, not 84%

and no way

^ that makes even less sense

it's like people who are more likely to play the lottery when there's a big rollover- are you saying you'd turn down 5 million but 10 million would be worth playing for? it's silly.

same with the 1 million versus 1 billion. in the grand scheme of things, 1 million is still rich enough to be "rich". you'd never have to work again (with some careful financial planning) etc. etc.

you're basically saying you'd be willing to die if you were so rich you couldn't spend the money, but aren't willing to die in order to be so rich that you can't spend it without a concerted effort. doesn't make a whole heap of sense. you're basically willing to die to be slightly richer
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 18, 2012,
I would probably do it
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
My kinda challenge.

I would do it.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Only if I were already srsly contemplating killing myself.

Also, what a bizarre & stupid situation. Is this what the 1% do for fun or something?
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Feb 18, 2012,
Quote by shredred
Guy has a 35 special. He puts 1 bullet in the gun, leaves the other 5 empty. He lets you check out the barrel, and will let you spin it and close the barrel.

He will give you 1 million to put the gun to your head and click the trigger. You have a 84% chance of success. Would you take the risk for the million?

Yeah, I'll take it, as long as I get to spin it and close the cylinder.
and it would be a .38 special.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Page 1 of 4