Hey

I wanted to buy the LTD but I've heard some bad stories about the quality control, so I checked for Edwards because I can't really afford genuine ESP.

And the Edwards appeared to be...a little cheaper where I live O_O. I thought it's a better guitar overall? I mean, closer to true ESP, right?

I know the main diffrence is pickups but I can change them later, I don't care, I just want a good quality guitar.
Edwards= ESP? Isn't it like the Japanese version or something?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

LTD<Edwards<ESP.

but you won't be disappointed with either.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Edwards are guitars that are initially made in China, then moved over to Japan for finishing, final QC and so on. They're not as good as an actual MIJ ESP, but they're better than the MIC and MII LTDs. Whether they're better or worse than the LTD Deluxe range, which are made in Korea, depends on the particular model and what is easiest for you to get hold of. Edwards guitars tend to be closer to traditional spec, while the LTDs get more of the modern appointments and looks. In terms of quality there's not much reason to doubt either, considering how tight quality control coming out of both Japan and Korea is. So just consider the price difference (if there is much of one) and look carefully at the spec and styling.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^ +1

i'd say the edwardses (that i've tried, which isn't many) were a little better than the higher end LTDs I've tried (which also isn't many ), but there wasn't a ton in it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JagerSlushy
LTD<Edwards<ESP.

but you won't be disappointed with either.

+1 if you can afford the edwards... 100% go for it... mine is completely incredible
???
But keep in mind though, a 1000 deluxe series LTD is pretty good too. Probably the best guitars for the money imo
If you (or anyone else) is interested, I wrote a blog explaining a lot about ESP and all of their subsidiaries (because it can be a little confusing to those who don't know).

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Offworld92/blog/91877/
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hey guys one more question, I can't find this information anywhere.

Is that Edwards e-lp-92cd equipped with jumbo frets?
don't think so

or at least the lts ones aren't
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?