Big K.R.I.T has lyrics that are Christian as shit, yet I listen to him.

Dave Mustaine supports a pencil dick weasel, yet when I hear Holy Wars, I must stop what I am doing and put all of my passion into air guitaring and singing, no matter how faded I am at the time.

Do you let your personal beliefs/attitudes/values affect your music listenings? Or do you kinda just grin and bear it?
If they don't sound really childish and stupid while espousing views via song, then nah I don't care.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Unless its church hymns then im pretty chill. That or pretentious acoustic acts that preach to make money.
Posting fashion pictures in every thread is a failed attempt to recapture the past glory of posting peoples' avatars after they post

It's like Death Magnetic

EDIT: On topic, I do tend to turn into a chin-stroking academic, distantly analysing the music rather than being moved by it, if it's expressing something I disagree with. Luckily even artists who do hold beliefs I disagree with tend to express things much more universal than those specific beliefs. It'd be hard to point out a specific Burzum riff and say "that riff there is racist".

And occasionally if the belief isn't hugely abominable and the music is well written I'll find myself suspending my disbelief and identifying with it while I listen to it, which I have to respect.
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 18, 2012,
Quote by soundgarden1986
I don't let it affect me in the least bit.

EDIT: Oh good god picture idiot you're annoying

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Quote by Hasok
WHO CARES?YOU ARE A SLAVE ANYWAY!!!!

Jesus christ, stop.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Lyrics are the last thing I listen to. Something really stupid might jump out at me right away, but I can usually get over it if the other aspects of the song are alright.

Of Montreal is probably the one band that had lyrics that reached out and smacked me in the face with how awesome they are even though I was thoroughly enthralled by how incredible the instrumentation is.
"I'm a mother****ing headliner, bitch, you don't even know it."
"We can do it softcore if you want, but you should know that I go both ways."
"He's the kind of guy that would leave you in a K-hole to go play Halo in the other room."
"Eva, I'm sorry, but I will never love you. To me you're just some faggy girl, and I need a lover with soul power. And you ain't got no soul power."
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
John Mayer is a douche, but his cover of Wait Until Tomorrow is pretty kickass.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I don't dismiss them, but I have a harder time enjoying them.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
^That's how I feel about it. Stuff like Gojira's lyrics on early albums make it much less enjoyable. And then something like Dead Prez where it just sort of feels like you need to be black to listen . But yeah, music is universal and all that jazz...

Quote by Hasok
OK OK!!!KISSES FOR YOU MY MAN!!!

Those lips

MOAR
Last edited by Fat Lard at Feb 18, 2012,
I'm gonna miss Hasok once he gets banned for spam.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Fat Lard
^That's how I feel about it. Stuff like Gojira's lyrics on early albums make it much less enjoyable.

Stuff like Satan is a Lawyer or Clone? Or the meditational lyrics over blast beats?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I like Oceana, even though one of their albums (Birth Eater) is melodramatically anti-abortion and I disagree morally with a lot of what is said. That's not to say I can't see the artistic merit in it, some of the lines are quite haunting and well said...I just don't listen to the message.
both.

The one that really sticks out atm is "I WANT TO BUILD SOME FIRE" in an otherwise good lyrical concept attempt
Quote by Fat Lard
both.

The one that really sticks out atm is "I WANT TO BUILD SOME FIRE" in an otherwise good lyrical concept attempt

Indians was the weirdest for me.

I'm on another plane. Jumping around, hit myself

I made a wat face when I heard that.

I kind of like the whole meditational death metal when done like Embrace the World though.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by palm mute
Indians was the weirdest for me.

I'm on another plane. Jumping around, hit myself

I made a wat face when I heard that.

+1

I kind of like the whole meditational death metal when done like Embrace the World though.

Most definitely. Actually, the meditative over blast beats doesn't really bother me now that I think about. Stuff like that and World To Come and All The Tears is what make Gojira so awesome.
Quote by Fat Lard
+1

Most definitely. Actually, the meditative over blast beats doesn't really bother me now that I think about. Stuff like that and World To Come and All The Tears is what make Gojira so awesome.

I really liked The Art of Dying's lyrics, besides one spot.

I won't bring no materials in the after life
Take no possessions, I would rather travel light

I really like the sentiment there, but double negative damnit
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by shredibanez24
John Mayer is a douche, but his everything is pretty kickass.

fixd
I listen to a lot of "Christcore" bands (The Devil Wears Prada, Akissforjersey, Underoath, etc.) just because I really like the musical and vocal style. Some of the lyrics I agree with (the morals and virtues they promote), but I don't particularly believe in a god.

Also, one of my favorite punk songs of all time is Straight Edge by Minor Threat. I eschewed the straight edge lifestyle when I turned 18, but I still love the song. Similarly, I love the song Daughters by The Story So Far, but I don't have the slightest problem with sexual promiscuity (which is what the song is speaking against).