Poll: Being yourself or being happy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Being yourself or being happy?
Yourself
16 34%
Happy
28 60%
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC5FdFlUcl0&ob=av2e[/url]
3 6%
Voters: 47.
It seems like more and more people post stuff and support "being yourself" on facebook, and they're always either annoying, ugly, or desperate people. Me and a friend had a discussion about it and ended up with this question : What's more important : being yourself, or being happy?

Who would you be : the guy who steps on mcdonalds ketchup bags with his friends watching and laughing or the one watching them and thinking "what a bunch of immature people"?

And why? (discuss )

For example for those herpaderps of the pit : say you're a total loser and obviously, hate it, and just punching that kid in front of you could make you look cool and get some friends, pushing you to act more badass as time goes by, be yourself or be happy?
Last edited by kevC4 at Feb 18, 2012,
Im myself and im pretty happy. Im in the process of getting a little more into shape but i wont be more happy when i am, ill just be happy iv achieved that goal.

People who post that shit on facebook are usually teen age girls who spend £500 on an overpriced DSLR to take over the top depth of field profile pictures and either photoshop themselves orange or black and white.

No one is comfortable with who they are anyway
Good god the pit is fucking retarded today.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol

yeah, it's seems like that. I'm just going to try to respond to what I think he might be trying to say.

I think most people are most happy when they are being themselves. However, Facebook isn't being. It is a representation. If you're not happy with the way your self is being portrayed through the limited scope of Facebook, you'll try to change that. Then, you have to deal with the issue of not appearing to be "manufacturing" your image too much which just makes you look even more artificial.

That's my semi-academic analysis in a nutshell. Otherwise, I'd say, ever notice how when a chick has only pictures of her face or from that downward angle on her page, you know that she's fat? What is up with that downward angle anyway? Plenty of non-fatties use it too. Am I the only one who thinks it's saying, "This is what it would look like if I were giving you a blowjob"? Do any females realize this?

So many questions.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by rickyj
you are annoying.

thank you for saying it. i've been thinking it since he started spamming threads with these stupid pics all the ****ing time.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Being earnest.

icwutyoudidthar
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Quote by moscaespañol

Explain?

Quote by snipelfritz
yeah, it's seems like that. I'm just going to try to respond to what I think he might be trying to say.

I think most people are most happy when they are being themselves. However, Facebook isn't being. It is a representation. If you're not happy with the way your self is being portrayed through the limited scope of Facebook, you'll try to change that. Then, you have to deal with the issue of not appearing to be "manufacturing" your image too much which just makes you look even more artificial.

So many questions.

Somewhat this.
Quote by moscaespañol

Explain as in why would this thread be retarded? It's a question that could push people to change themselves if they're not happy with who they are, or push someone to ask himself "should people really be themselves"? It could also go to the point of asking if people should really care about this and that, it's a question that could have a significant development if you understand it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
thank you for saying it. i've been thinking it since he started spamming threads with these stupid pics all the ****ing time.

This. Holy shit.

OT: Happy. But because I'm almost always happy, that's not hard for me, and neither is being myself
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Last edited by izbbass at Feb 18, 2012,
Quote by kevC4
Explain as in why would this thread be retarded? It's a question that could push people to change themselves if they're not happy with who they are and push someone to ask himself "should people really be themselves"? It could also go to the point of asking should people really care for this and that, it's a question that could have a significant development if you understand it.

more: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1520550

Quote by kevC4
Explain as in why would this thread be retarded? It's a question that could push people to change themselves if they're not happy with who they are, or push someone to ask himself "should people really be themselves"? It could also go to the point of asking if people should really care about this and that, it's a question that could have a significant development if you understand it.

It's not you. Find the common factor in all those link.

Hint: Big fucking picture.

Some of the threads are retarded themselves though
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by izbbass

that's why I posted them, hasok's waste of server space is just augmentation.

Quote by izbbass
This. Holy shit.

OT: Happy. But because I'm almost always happy, that's not hard for me, and neither is being myself

But what if you wouldn't be happy with yourself? That's pretty much the question
Some people restrain theirselves from doing things very often because of morals they have in "themselves", values, principes, and etc. and so, restrain themselves from having fun sometimes. Later, some people might even regret "not being like that". By the way, that's not really a question for me, I would probably be the guy stepping on ketchup bags

Quote by moscaespañol

Quote by izbbass

Scratch what i just said, my bad, I don't browse the pit a lot
Quote by kevC4

Eh, you're either trolling or just stupid

Caffè brevé

can't you just be both?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I don't see why everybody's so uppity about "being yourself". If you happen to be unfortunate enough to have the personality of a raccoon's arse, then you probably won't be happy because everybody will avoid you like you're radioactive.

Seems like a pointless question, to be honest. If you are "yourself" and not happy with it, change it so that you are. It's called self improvement. I value the desire to be a good person more than I value "being yourself".

Unless you want to talk about compromising your values and morals, then that's a whole different kettle of fish. I believe that if you have a set a of morals, you should stick to them.

Quote by Hasok
EYES!

Oh sweet Jesus, will you fuck off and die in a house fire already? The picture spam has reached a whole new level of annoying.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I'd say being happy is more important, but I think for a lot of people (myself included), being themselves brings happiness.
Unless your an emo 13yo girl and want your life to be sad and miserable, then being yourself will automatically make you happy. Stupid topic.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Im happy being myself
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
i don't see how you'd be happy without being yourself

that being said,

Quote by BeefWellington
I don't see why everybody's so uppity about "being yourself". If you happen to be unfortunate enough to have the personality of a raccoon's arse, then you probably won't be happy because everybody will avoid you like you're radioactive.

Seems like a pointless question, to be honest. If you are "yourself" and not happy with it, change it so that you are. It's called self improvement. I value the desire to be a good person more than I value "being yourself".

Unless you want to talk about compromising your values and morals, then that's a whole different kettle of fish. I believe that if you have a set a of morals, you should stick to them.

that's a good point. i guess it depends on if "being yourself" means being basically a good person or basically a dick
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
All i can say is, the poll saved me a trip through youtube search.

And being myself makes me happy.
It somewhat depends on the view you have of yourself, and exactly what it requires for a person to consider themselves 'happy'. Are you happy the way you are? I am, and therefore I am happy and also 'being myself'.

Either way, I'm the second guy. Stepping on ketchup sachets in a restaurant is such a ****ing stupid thing to do. If that's you TS, you're a ****.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Depends what you want to achieve in life. I think both can be equally important for different roles. I'd hate to have a world where everyone was happy, or where everyone was themselves. Both aren't mutually inclusive 100% of the time.

Me? I prefer being myself. I prefer being around people who are themselves more than faking it to be happy. Though saying that, one of my best friends' lifestyle is based entirely around a false smile and I'm one of very few people who actually know them for themselves.
I'm not a particularly happy person, but Idgaf.
Or be happy whilst being yourself?

I'm not really happy being either myself or not.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I think it means avoiding pretention or affectation or whatever, doing what you think is good or worthwhile, and letting your identity form by itself rather than imposing one on yourself. Which is quite nice, despite being a massive cliche. I don't think it means "never change anything, push yourself, or go outside your comfort zone ever".

I also don't think it means "let every shitty thought out of your head and through your mouth without filtering any of them out", as twats think it does.

I haven't slept. This post could be rambling nonsense.
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 18, 2012,
What's most important is getting happiness to be part of being myself. Naw, just kidding, I'm happily unhappy.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I'm happy being myself... so i win.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.