What's up, UG?

I just traded in my Ibanez RG 550 for a Jackson Rhoads Flying V and I can't for the life of me find out the model (RR32, JS32, etc). Is there any way one of you could tell me how to find out?

If it helps, it was made in India and the serial number is NJHI08000049. I have tried googling but nothing sufficient came up.

The guitar has no tremolo, the humbuckers are flat black with no magnets showing and only say 'Jackson' on them. The left part of the V (if you're looking at it from the front) is longer than the right. It has no pickguard.

This is all the information I know offhand. The guitar is at home, I'm at work. I'll take pics later if anyone needs them.

Thanks, UG.

-Syx
This post brought to you thoughtfully by Syx
.show_Gear://
.load_guitar: Jackson_Rhoads.24_frets
.load_amp: Crate_G40C
.load_pedals: Digitech_distortionfactory_7 ; Dunlop_original_crybaby
.load_mic: Shure_PG58
Either way you dun goofed.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

I prefer Jackson to Ibanez. Sorry that it doesn't suit your life. If you can't help, you should get out.
What... india... I don't recall any jackson being manufactured in india :/ hope its legit because I'd take an vintage RG550 over any guitar :/
???
Quote by asixex
I prefer Jackson to Ibanez. Sorry that it doesn't suit your life. If you can't help, you should get out.

Either way, a 550 is usually worth a decent price to sell, not to trade for a POS JS32.

If your happy great, but you got mugged off no end.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Pics? Tom is usually pretty smart when it comes to gear in general, I'd heed his advice. Most likely JS32 of some sort.
It's a JS30RR, by the sounds of it. They're made in India. Couple of years ago before they were updated to the JS32 models, they sold for about 300USD. I usually like Jacksons but I can't stand by anything below the MG series, maybe the X if you get lucky.

I'd say it's a deal you shouldn't have made. I don't know how good an RG550 is, but JSs aren't exactly the cream of the crop, you know what I mean?
Quote by asixex

You dun goofed because your RG was worth twice as much as the Jackson, you're easily £/$200 out of pocket.

In the uk an RG550 was about £600 new, they can still fetch £400 on the used market if you're lucky...the Jackson will have cost half that.

Nothing wrong with swapping an Ibby for a Jackson, but you're an idiot if you swap a great guitar for a mediocre one and lose money in the process.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The RG550 was a '93 model. Sorry I flipped, Tom.

Anyway, Jet was right. It's a JS30RR (click).

The Ibby had major cosmetic problems, problems with the tuners, problems with the floyd... I was just generally in a bad mood when I played it.

I got the Jackson today and sat down playing with it for an hour at the shop, doing every trick I knew to try and get it to break or something and the only downside to it so far is the fact that tapping is a bit harder to do.
Quote by Tom 1.0

+1

Quote by asixex

regardless, you still don't trade a £500+ guitar for a £200 one.

if you prefer a vauxhall nova to a porsche you wouldn't straight swap a porsche for one if you have any sense
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 19, 2012,