I posted last weekend about a little project wanted to do this week (one recording a day). Just posted last recording today and would appreciate if anyone wants to give any feedback - I was trying to start slow and build into a dramatic finish

http://soundcloud.com/iamnotlost/saturday

Thanks
Neat...I enjoyed that. I give it 4.498742109800124632 stars out of 5.
Thanks for the comments, na drums not suppose to be off beat, just something that I'm new to using so definitely get a few imperfections. Definitely agree about drums, I'm using a really basic drum kit I found online, I've downloaded EZdrummer lite but not really got on with it so far - any recommendations for other ways to get more authentic sound?
Cheers
I'd have left out the distortion actually. I loved the track until the distorted guitar (both rhytm and lead) came in and the weird sounding cymbals of the drums. =P

But I also enjoyed it and give it 4.498742109800124632 stars out of 5.
Quote by Braincheese
I'd have left out the distortion actually. I loved the track until the distorted guitar (both rhytm and lead) came in and the weird sounding cymbals of the drums. =P

But I also enjoyed it and give it 4.498742109800124632 stars out of 5.

Thanks for your comments, drums are definitely something I'll be looking at in future recordings, I need to spend more time getting them sorted.

I had a sound in mind for the distorted guitar but it didn't come off as heard it in my head (there's a boxcar racer song called letters to god that kicks in with power chords after an acoustic interlude that I was thinking of). I was in love with the clean chords but the distorted guitar didn't fit as I imagined, tho I'm still happy overall with how the song sounded in the end
Last edited by SoapbarSE at Feb 19, 2012,
loved this! the intro volume swells were very relaxing. im with you on the drum inexperience but you have some great ideas here and i hope that you can take this somewhere.