So i know emg users will sometimes use two 9v batts to run 18v to open up the sound a bit.. so i have an ibanez art300 with the ibanez ibz-lz actives that are powered by 2 AA batts and wondering if you guys think making it run off a 9v batt would do anything for me?
I'm not entirely sure that is possible.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
wiring wise it should be easy .. clip the wires and remove the batt box, then replace it with the new plug it.. just not sure how it would handle going from 3 to 9volts and what could be the results
Lmao i like your reasoning.. the thing i find weird is it has active pickups but uses 500k pots.. so if i do fry them.. hopfully not in a guitar fire.. probably going to passives
Quote by halfj06
Lmao i like your reasoning.. the thing i find weird is it has active pickups but uses 500k pots.. so if i do fry them.. hopfully not in a guitar fire.. probably going to passives

Just swap them out. They don't really sound like they are worth the trouble.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.