Hey all, so I apologize for posting another "what bass amp thread" but I'm at hour #6 on day #2 of research into bunches of bass amps and am still without any decision, so I have broken down and decided to ask.

The bass player in my band has a passive spector 4-string bass (not sure on the model). We play hard rock (tool, chevelle, 10 years, a perfect circle, breaking benjamin) etc. He is getting a new bass amp and needs something loud enough to compete with our heavy-handed drummer and both my 60watt all tube Peavey 6505+ amp and our other guitarist's 50 watt all-tube Peavey Valveking amp.

My guess is that he will need something around 300-500 watts RMS, hes really looking for a good bit of headroom. Am I right with the 300-500 watt range??? He obviously needs something with a tone geared towards our genre of music.

Budget is around $600 and he is not opposed to used items, but would obviously prefer newer or cheaper if there is the option.

He would be open to a head/cab or a combo, but a combo would be preferred.

I'd love to hear any suggestions, I've been looking into so many different amps but am having trouble finding some clear comparisons. He and I plan to take a trip to a nearby guitarcenter but I wanted to get some input beforehand because the guitarcenter is really not that nearby and because volume is such an important factor.

Thanks so much for any help!!!
Check out my hard rock band!! Lying Awake!!
Facebook
Soundcloud
UG
Thank You!

Gear:
Epiphone 1998 Les Paul Custom
Boss GT-10 Multi-effects
Peavey 6505+ 112 60W Combo w/ Celestion G12-K100
Last edited by Slimjim5792 at Feb 18, 2012,
Check out the Nemesis line from David Eden. I think they actually call them the E Series now. Here's the link http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/eseries/

I have the 2x12, 320 watts. Able to keep up with two guitar players both playing 100 watt Marshalls and a drummer no problem. More than enough head room.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp