I have an Alvarez AD60K with a gloss finish. If I remove the gloss finish, would I notice a difference in tone? If so, what sort of difference?

Also, what does it take to remove the finish? Will it have a grain filler, making it impossible with sanding or cabinet scrapers? Will I need to do it chemically?

Thanks for any responses.
what
I sanded both of my guitars down, pretty much taking all the clear coat off and it kinda makes it a brighter, more defined sound, but it's really minimal. I sanded them down with like 120 grit for a bit then went to like 220 or something to get it smoother. I really like the way it looks more so than the difference it made in tone.
Guitars
Gibson SG '61 Reissue 'Aretha'
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Nope, I can guarantee you will never be able to tell the difference.

This +1

Its all in there head if anyone says otherwise.
no difference period.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
TS is talking about an acoustic guitar, so arguably the finish does change tone, how ever it's probably only of concern to people paying thousands for acoustics not hundreds.

But I wouldnt remove the finish anyway as its probably poly and so hard to remove, and you don't wanner risk removing wood from the soundboard.

What are you trying to achieve from removing the finish anyway?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
TS is talking about an acoustic guitar, so arguably the finish does change tone, how ever it's probably only of concern to people paying thousands for acoustics not hundreds.

But I wouldnt remove the finish anyway as its probably poly and so hard to remove, and you don't wanner risk removing wood from the soundboard.

What are you trying to achieve from removing the finish anyway?

Just warm up the sound a bit. The setup I did on it is amazing, but it doesn't sound as good as my martin, so I don't usually play it. It sounds like a cymbal.
what