Hello, I am trying to decide on a set of powered studio monitors for my setup. I don't do anything extremely professional, but I am trying to still get good enough recordings to be able to have bands pay me to record them. ive gotten several offers that I would like to take on soon, but i really want to just get my setup fine tuned somewhat. ive gotten a new mic for instruments, and several other things already. I am looking for a set of monitors somewhere in the 150 dollar range for the set. not individually. I know thats not going to get me super amazing monitors, but i'm sure its better than what ive got going now. I also would like to be able to turn them up fairly loud sometimes for just listening to music, so I am unsure about how those small ones will do. suggestions please? thanks
Peavey 6505+ head
Mesa 4x12 Rectifier Cab
Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt (practice amp)
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Boss NS-2 noise suppressor
MXR 10 Band EQ KFK
Boss DD-7 Delay
I'd say to go for something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-KRK-Systems-Rokit-Powered-5-Black-Yellow-Studio-Stereo-Speakers-Nice-MT-/250998142319?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a70a7b56f#ht_483wt_1184

Some used Generation 1 KRK Rokit 5's should be around $150-200 for the pair.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
ive seen these krk speakers before, they are quite nice. i don't know why I didnt think about looking them up haha
Peavey 6505+ head
Mesa 4x12 Rectifier Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
MXR 10 Band EQ KFK
Boss DD-7 Delay
they definitely are nice, but i'm having trouble finding a set for the amount i'm hoping to spend. i could try ebay, but i dont really like bidding on things. I'd like to just be able to purchase it. i'll check out the buy it now section
Peavey 6505+ head
Mesa 4x12 Rectifier Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
MXR 10 Band EQ KFK
Boss DD-7 Delay
^ the thing is, $150 is more what you would be expecting to pay each for entry level monitors. if you pay much less (new) then you probably arent getting anything that is going to be that much better than what you are currently using. you are going to have to go used and try to get some good bidding going on ebay, look on craigslist, or try checking the used section of stores (even online stores have used sections).

the rokits are a solid choice, i would see if you can score a pair in your price range.