i have one of six cabinets built of this stint. they are receiving speakers from all of my other cabs. i have something along the lines of 16 V30's, 10 T75's 4 K85 and 2 K100 (the K85 are british while the 100 are chinese, they are 100% identical. i also have the EVH speakers that i got in a cab.

what would be good for 10's, i am looking for four, one more american tone one a little more brittish. and a 2x10 with maybe something else. these would be ran by a a 1974X Marshall clone and a champ.

the 15" is going to go in a 1x15" cab.

the goal is to build cabs for all of my speakers and ditch the cabs (still keeping the Oranges and the Mesa and the Randall (2x12"+1x15") and possibly the avatar.

so i will have eight 2x12's so i will be able to run any speaker combination through an amp easily. i will actually be putting the input on the front so they can set.

i know nothing about 10"s, never even owned one. i would appreciate recommendations, as far as 15"s the 15" in the randall cab is an Eminence Legend. don't know if there are more out there.

also as far as 10's go i may just pick up a cab with 4x10's with good speaker and ditch another cab.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
For a 1974X it has to be some form of greenback really and 10" greenbacks things sound quite similar but just a bit less bass as you would expect. If you are running multiples that gap decreases.
Do Scumback make a 10"? Would be worth looking into.
For the Champ greenbacks sound good too but really, it should be Jensens.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
That would be interesting, and I'm excited for some demos

I'm in agreeance about the Jensens or even Scumbacks. You might even look into Emi's Redcoat/Patriot 10's, since you mentioned you wanted both British and American voiced stuff. As far as I know, they have 10's

However, you wouldn't be trying to part with any of those V30's, would you? Maybe even one and a K100?
don't have any experience with 15s, but as far as i'm aware there's not a whole heap of choice at sensible prices. When that fender excelsior was announced, i looked into the cost of replacement 15" speakers for a laugh, and the only reasonably-priced one i could find (bear in mind, i'm in europe, so wgs and weber etc. are much more expensive here) was the eminence legend.

what type of american tone are you after? i have an eminence copperhead, which is nice for a very vintage, sparkly american tone, but it does cleans and low gain od a lot better than it does distortion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no different sets are for different purposes 10"s would be for smaller low wattage amps, like my 1974X or Orange Dual Terror a 5F1 Champ.

the 15" would go with a pair of twelves. i am already running that now in my randall 2x12+15" with an eminece legend and T75's.

the K100s, V30's, T75's, etc would be used by the big boys, splawns or lee jackson.

i know for the most part my plan, now i am just trying to figure out the speakers.

the green backs are a must. i forgot to mention that i am going to pin down a quad of them.

the 10's in the 1x12" i want one to be british and one to be amarican. open back or closed back though?

jensens would be a good thought and a greenback 10" would be great.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
ah ok

i haven't actually tried the copperhead with my marshall 18 watt clone lead's not long enough (also the 18 watter has been acting up)

i have my copperhead in my vht special 6 which is basically a hotrodded champ

i'm guessing open-backed for the american-voiced speaker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A 1974 into an open backed cab gets you a very nice blues tone. I run mine either into a single open backed greenback clone or my 1960A. Open backed greenback for Beano, closed back 4x12 for Gary Moore tones.
That's what you'd expect, Beano is a lot looser than Moore. And of course that's what those guys were actually using. Beano was a bluesbreaker and Gary uses a 4x12 loaded with EV's. He may use EV's but even G12-T75's get you into the ballpark. My long term plan for my Moore rig is a 4x12 loaded with Aussie Greenback clones but I'm sure my stock 1960A will do the job ok after hearing my 1974X's through it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yeah that's what i'd have thought regarding the british-voiced speaker, you have the option depending on what type of tone you want.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah that's what i'd have thought regarding the british-voiced speaker, you have the option depending on what type of tone you want.

most likely for he 18w i actually am running the 18w through a 4x12: with English T75's. i am getting too many heads and not enough cabs. i know i am over 8 cabs (not including the ones i am building but some of those will be sold gutted, and if i can't get much for a paticular one, i think it would be a good chest of drawers or a shelf. nice decor.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!