i have a $400-450 budget. im thinking of buying either an ibanez rg370dx or an Esp ltd mh250. i mostly play stuff like metallica guns n roses etc? which guitar should i buy?
ibanez rg's are solid, and good guitars for low budget. low end esps arent as good though. ibanez would be my answer
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Yeah, the les paul would be great for those tones! It's all about what feels good, though.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
If you can strech a bit, you might be able to get the new Epi LP Custom EX Prophecy series guitar which is a total bang for the buck. Of course, with the active pickups, it might not nail GnR tone really well, but for like Metallica, it'd do great. So, if you tend to play more of the "classic" rock kinda stuff, I'd say you should go for an Epi LP Standard.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Feb 19, 2012,
Ibanez art series.. a lrs paul with more bang for your buck then epiphone
I thought Metallica use mostly gibsons, which means passive pickups, no?
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
They do actually use a lot of Gibsons in studio, but they both also use EMG's a lot, depends what era and what tracks you want to sound like. As was said earlier, if you play a lot of ''classic'' stuff then a LP seems like it would be up your alley. If you're more of a modern metal or a shred player, i'd say probably the LTD because personally i prefer the neck over Ibanez necks. Both would work well though.
Ah, that makes sense. Man, I seriously wish they make the necks like the old school ones, you know, the baseball bat 59s? From the guitars I've played on with necks like that they feel amazing.
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
I'd go for a Prophecy GX because the pickups are more versatile. But your amp is key. And i agree about necks. I have massive hands and i'm getting sick of so many dozens of shred machine-style guitars having such thin necks. They're very uncomfortable in my hands as my hands are huge. Brands nowadays just aren't accommodating those kinds of players enough.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 19, 2012,