Well, I'm in a band (Lead Guitarist) I'm considering to get a Vox AC30VR. My friend who is the rhythm guitarist in our band has a marshall AVT100 and he's worried he'll drown me out. Looking at the wattage it should BUT the Vox has 2x12" Celestion speakers and the Marshall has 1x10". I'm not sure if he will drown me out or will it be alright?
In my experience I have found it is greatly related to where you set your volume knob.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Quote by stykerwolf
who ever has the bigger penis

Truth.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Quote by BlackthornRAWR
Okay then still, Who will be louder if we have both at full blast ;P

I will
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by BlackthornRAWR

Why would you both play at full blast? You'd just set your levels so they are at the right volume to fit in with the whole band.

I had an AVT100 and never needed to turn it up past about 5 or 6 when playing with a band. So long as he isn't an idiot who just turns it up to full blast for the sake of it you'll be fine.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by BlackthornRAWR
Well, I'm in a band (Lead Guitarist) I'm considering to get a Vox AC30VR. My friend who is the rhythm guitarist in our band has a marshall AVT100 and he's worried he'll drown me out. Looking at the wattage it should BUT the Vox has 2x12" Celestion speakers and the Marshall has 1x10". I'm not sure if he will drown me out or will it be alright?

It doesn't matter.

Both amps have volume controls - it's a band, not a pissing competition.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by BlackthornRAWR
He will. Happy now?

And the AVT100 should have a 12" speaker, not a 10" speaker.
If he is drowning you out, he either is too loud or you have no mids dialed in...Set the volume so the drummer can hear you, you dont need it louder than that unless you want to play as loud as possible just for the heck of it, but once you move out of the practice stage of the band that aint going to work out.
But really? An AC30VR? I suggest you to get a real tube amp man =). You will never go back...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich