I was just thinking while looking at my Eclipse, imagining all the colors inverted. How cool would it be to have a snow white fretboard with black inlays? Is that even possible?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky at Feb 19, 2012,
That's an idea for a custom then, sometime down the road
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Yeah, it would be just like a maple fretboard but with some paint between the wood and the lacquer.
I would just be concerned about the feel and durability of such a fretboard - especially considering discolouration. How the hell are you going to refret such a fretboard without totally ruining it? Not worth it to look cool, if you ask me.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Feb 19, 2012,
staining it.

there is white based stains you can purchase, and people stain fretboards already anyway.
If you have the $$$, you might be able to use carbon fiber (or anodized metal or another exotic material) instead of maple. I know a few luthiers are using such materials for fingerboards, though I don't know of anyone using them in anything other than a black colored form.

And they would all be quite durable.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 19, 2012,
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Quote by HomerSGR
I would just be concerned about the feel and durability of such a fretboard - especially considering discolouration. How the hell are you going to refret such a fretboard without totally ruining it? Not worth it to look cool, if you ask me.
It's no different to working with a regular clear coated maple fretboard.

Or just do what Prince did with his guitars that had painted fetboards; get stainless steel frets, then you never have to worry about having to replace them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.