What do you guys reckon? Im in a band who does alot of gigs, and alot of travelling. I do want a PRS but i could easily get 2 used LP studios for the price. I know they're lesser guitars, but i wouldn't mind them getting damaged more, and i've always got an identical backup. Whaadaya reckon?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
depends on if you have a backup or not yet.

if you already have a backup, I would go with what you want. you'll be playing your main guitar mostly, so you might as well have a guitar that you genuinely want, rather than one that you bought out of utility
Quote by krehzeekid
depends on if you have a backup or not yet.

if you already have a backup, I would go with what you want. you'll be playing your main guitar mostly, so you might as well have a guitar that you genuinely want, rather than one that you bought out of utility

Well im looking at changing tones aswell. I have a Fender Strat right now as my main, and i can get some nice sounds out of it, But as i run a high gain amplifier i need a bit more clarity and less buzz. Another idea was to part out 2/3 MIM strats (I like the MIM series, i get along well with them, and i know i can trash it about stage) and modify them to my use. (rip out the p/ups and just have a single bridge HB, Hardtail, New Nut and tuning pegs) for the price. But with the LP's or the PRS i could just get it and go.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

PRS

I bought my PRS in 04 and have never looked back. I also owned a very nice LP Studio for 4-5yrs and after I bought my PRS the Gibson stayed in the case for 2 yrs untill I sold it frm lack of use.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
What about PRS SE models? Find one that closely resembles the PRS you most want and get a couple of them?????
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Quote by TheFUBAR
What about PRS SE models? Find one that closely resembles the PRS you most want and get a couple of them?????

While the SE's are nice budget guitars, they cant hold a candel to a real PRS.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I do like the SE's and they have a nice tone. But really im looking above that tbh, and like said, the playabillity of a PRS is above it.

My main concern is gear thiefs aswell. I'ld spend alot of time into getting the correct PRS, Colour and all for the price. for the LP's i'ld just find the best value ones and try em out.

So if one LP got stolen, it would suck, but not be as bad as the PRS.
Quote by ZanasCross

I have had my PRS for 8 yrs have done countless shows all over the USA and never once did I have a theft problem. But I always keep my guitar locked in a Van/trailer untill I play.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
theft really shouldn't be an issue to keep you from getting the guitar you want. as long as you aren't careless with your gear (leaving it onstage when you aren't, for example), your stuff should be safe.

I would get the PRS. if you really want it, you'll use it well and love it.