Hey people!

I've decided it's about time to replace my Roland MicroCube, the sound just doesn't cut it anymore. I went to the local music shop and tried a Fender Mustang II which didn't really impress, but then the ValveKing.. MUCH BETTER - one thing that really stood out compared to the MicroCube was vibrato, really rang out clearer.

Should i go for the ValveKing 112 or should i check out something else in the same price range (It's around 600$ in my country). I mainly play metal such as Parkway Drive, Trivium, In Flames but I still enjoy fingerstyle like Classical Gas and RHCP songs and I've got a MT-2 pedal if needed.

Also under my current living conditions I can't make too much noise

BTW: I'm playing an Ibanez RGR321
Input much appreciated!
what country are you in? that's going to affect prices and availability more than anything else.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I live in Denmark, one thing I noticed is that you can't get Vypyr Tube 60 around here but besides that I'm not sure
thanks

how flexible is that budget? if you can get another 100 or so euro you could get a peavey 6505+ 112, which is pretty much the quintessential br00talz amp. though it's made in china, and i've only tried the (dearer) USA-made heads.

if you can't stretch thomann has some decent pricing on some bugeras, but i haven't tried them, and the older ones had a bit of a rep of going on fire (i'm only half-joking, they actually did).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's kinda flexible , ye I've been considering 6505+, is the extra 100-150$ well spent? Thought it might be a bit overkill, but I'd rather throw in the extra cash and have a versatile amplifier which can serve my needs well into the future.

Hehe yeah from what I've read the Bugera comes with a fire extinguisher sooo might be risky..
Last edited by FullHorizon at Feb 19, 2012,
well i'm not sure i'd say the 6505 is more versatile, but it's more aimed at the stuff you want to play (assuming it's similar to the USA ones i've tried).

if you want versatility the traynor ycv50b is a similar price on thomann, and that's probably the way to go. it'd need an od boost for the heavier stuff, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hm haven't heard of Traynor before, but it looks really sleek and nice - I'll look into it, thx
The VK is good, but you could do much better.

The 6505+ combo is good, like Dave said, also Jet City is a good option. The 22 can definitely get into metal territory, considering it has THE SLO circuit.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Yeah, I'd recommend the 6505+ 112. The VK is good for lower gain tones, but it just doesn't cut it for modern stuff without a shitload of tinkering and modding. I've had that amp and I've done all that stuff, and it's just not really worth it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I received my Traynor ycv50b today!

It has really nice cleans and the thicker strings in particular puts out a whole new 'feel' and not dead as they used to be, gives a superb tone with RHCP stuff.
Going metal - I crank up gain and treble to the max and switch boost on and I get a little closer to the desired, but it still needs an extra kick so I'll try and fool around with my pedal. Increasing the volume helps out but that'll probably lead to complaints .

Hence, it seems the info and reviews for this amp are pretty spot on, and comparing it with the 6505+ I think this amp was the best bet, better tone, better speaker, just lacks the final metal boost where 6505+ prolly takes the price. 9/10

So THANK YOU!

BTW - it gets pretty warm, not burning, but noticeable (50*C ish) thats normal right?

Aaaand while we're at it, can I plug it into my PC? The MicroCube had a dedicated line-out hole, this has SEND and RETURN and below it says EFX/LINE, so the RETURN can act as LINE-OUT perhaps?

TY
Last edited by FullHorizon at Feb 22, 2012,
no problem, glad you like it. an overdrive pedal would really help it get more metal, while still retaining most of the amp's tone.

yeah valves get hot, that's normal (as long as it's not on fire or you see smoke, lol)

not sure about the line out thing. don't try anything until you get a firm answer (maybe email traynor to be sure), just in case.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?