Hey guys, I've been in the market for a new something in my rig.

I'm not sure if I just need speakers, or if I need a whole new cab.

But would it be a bad idea to switch out the speakers in my Bugera Cab? I think that's where I've been getting my bad tone from, they're just plain muddy. And the bass response is shit on the lead channels. Sounds great clean though!

I feel that the cab is built very sturdily, it doesn't feel cheap to me? If that makes sense..

So anyway, would it be worthwhile to switch out the Stock Bugera Speakers, or would picking up a Mesa/Orange/Marshall 4x12 be a better idea?

Also, I tried my head through a Jet City 4x12, and that had the low end thump but had articulate highs. That sounded pretty good to me.

Genre:I play in a Pop-Punk type of band, and I use about mid gain tones. But I enjoy going heavy too. I like good cleans.

Budget: well considering I'd be willing to shell out $1,000 for a high end cab, it doesn't really matter. I'm just looking for cheaper alternatives first.

New/Used: I actively check my craigslist, but it sucks. And anything there is is overpriced anyway.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Last edited by BeastModeEngage at Feb 19, 2012,
i'd probably get a different cab. i could be wrong, but i'm guessing the bugera is particleboard or mdf or similar. get something ply.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
New cab. It will be built out of better material and probably end up costing the same as if you were to replace the speakers, once you factor in the money you'll get back from selling it. Value wise, if you ever wanted to get rid of it, your Bugera can will still be a Bugera cab, and even if it has better speakers, people aren't going to pay much more for it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Avatar makes a nice cab that you can customize with color, grill and speaker choices.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate