I'm having feedback problems with my rig. I just received my 50W 5150 last week. Yesterday I had the chance to finally turn the volume up to about eleven. Everything was fine and quite enjoyable. Today was a different story. I turned it on and started get lots of feedback on channel 2&3. I was sitting in the same spot and facing the same direction as the day before. I tried switch cables and guitars. When I switched from my Axis to my RG and it seemed worse.

I had a similar problem with a SS Peavey a few years ago. Then the amp didn't work anymore. Is it possible I'm getting some kind of electrical interference in my apartment? I've put the noise decimator into the mix and the stops the feedback when I'm idle, but when I touch the strings it comes back again. I have the gain set at about 10:30 on both channels and the volumes were at 11:00.
EBMM Axis Black Cherry Burst
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III
Last edited by scott john at Feb 19, 2012,
you may have a bad preamp tube.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
you may have a bad preamp tube.

This is highly probable. Take one of your spare preamp tubes and try it in each position.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sorry to drag this back up, but I've tried the pencil test and came up with nothing. Channel three is really noisy with no guitar plugged in. I switched from 2 over to three and was a little takin' back by how hissy it sounded. Could there be a larger problem here? If so I can always send it back.
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III
It could be lots of things. It's under warranty? Take it back.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It could be lots of things. It's under warranty? Take it back.

Yeah, I just waited so long for the thing it's disappointing to have to ship it back. Thanks for your input.
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III