Hi guys, this is my first post here.... I am looking to buy an ESP eclipse and found this deal... But it doesn't look like an eclipse, the cutway is different and it has 3 switches ?! I really don't know, is this a real ESP ?

These are the specs the seller wrote: built 1996, Mahagony body and neck, rosewood fingeboard, Neck - (ESP shadow humbucker) 8 K Om, Bridge - (Schaller 2 in 1) 13 K Om, 1 volume pot, 1 tone pot, 2 switches for coil tap (the swith makes a singlecoil from the humbucker)...

What do you think guys ?
Attachments:
salika-168905-2012-02-1329677843-velika.jpg
slika-168905-2012-02-1329672290-velika.jpg
slika-168905-2012-02-1329684521-velika.jpg
slika-168905-2012-02-1329737315-velika.jpg
I'm not an ESP expert, but that head stock logo looks like it was drawn on it with markers or something.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The neckplate doesn't really look like.. Well, what ESP would use. Also, all those graphics make me think that this could be either a limited run or then someone's signature guitar. Uhh.. Get a serial, so that you could check whether it's real or not? I don't know much about ESPs, but that guitar doesn't really look trustful...

^Now I noticed that too.. After looking all the other pictures, I really doubt it's real.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

looks dodgy to me. Headstock logo, Strat knobs, body cut out is rounded on the corner and not sharp like an ESP Eclipse should be... But yeah I'm also not an expert.
That is almost definitly a fake. Request for a serial number and run it and see. That looks more like a faded les paul then anything
Gibson Bill Kelliher Golden Axe Explorer
Agile Septor Pro 727
Peavey Ultra+ head
Randall XL cab w/Vintage 30s
Wampler Euphoria OD
Boss NS-2 Noise Surpressor
MXR 6-band EQ
Looks like an Epiphone LP Special II
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Hey thanks for this fast answers ! It looks weird to me too... + the bolt on neck, thats not common by esp's... Some LTD's have bolt on necks, but then the body shape would be a problem...

I have the serial number, how can I check if the guitar is genuine with the serial ??
Send it and the pictures to the ESP customer service. My guess is it's a fake, it just looks cheap down to every detail.
It's fake, by the plate you can notice...

ESP ECLIPSE (And most high end ESP guitars, except the Snapper series) USE A UNIQUE WAY OF SET NECK NOT BOLT ON!!!! Plus let's not forget the ESP inlay they never leave out at the 12th fret ¬,¬

Plus the shape is odd compared to all the Eclipses i have seen, which turn out to be many... way too many...
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Heilz
It's fake, by the plate you can notice...

ESP ECLIPSE (And most high end ESP guitars, except the Snapper series) USE A UNIQUE WAY OF SET NECK NOT BOLT ON!!!! Plus let's not forget the ESP inlay they never leave out at the 12th fret ¬,¬

Plus the shape is odd compared to all the Eclipses i have seen, which turn out to be many... way too many...

Early in the eclispe's life, they were bolt on guitars.

But that was late 80s-early 90's.

TS, how much?

Probs fake as hell.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Early on they were, but not with this botched up shape 0,0

I still call it fake as heck.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
I call fake by the graphics and the logo + neck plate. If it isn't, it's an older model that they added things too. The knobs are off too. If it's like ten bucks, get it. If it's like 100 bucks don't get it unless it plays super amazing.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
yeahno, don't do it
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
ESP has some early models that don't fit into what is now common for the Eclipse. Mainly, the model "The Eclipse", which is pretty unconventional.

That said, I'm nearly positive that ESP have never used LP style pickguards on their Eclipses. Add that to the list of all the other sketchy stuff, and I'd say just avoid it.

How much is it?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah, thats definatly a fake....
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Y00p
Send it and the pictures to the ESP customer service. My guess is it's a fake, it just looks cheap down to every detail.

Okay here's the debate going the other way. if it is a fake then it's a good one believe it or not take a good look at the head stock if you were to reshape an Epiphone neck you would damn near hit the pegs by the time you could get that Fugly off center hump in the middle moved over.

2 the neck plate may very well be a badly worn and sanded plate.

3 actually the switches may have added you give me a 4 wire humbucker I could split them in a hour. What I think is it may be the EC-10 of 98 it is the only one that doesn't put the switch on the high side Now keep in mind if you price the EC-10 they run for 150.00 so buy all means go to the sight and using the support section and give them the serial no.
sorry for the book fellas but I did research this one. Oh I do agree that it is One Fugging Fugly Motha!!!!!!!
There is not a single thing on that guitar that looks genuine to me... I would say it is a genuine waste of money.
Looks to me like a pre-lawsuit esp. Back when they were more a parts company that would build you a guitar. Just my two cents.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by zeek7pc
Looks to me like a pre-lawsuit esp. Back when they were more a parts company that would build you a guitar. Just my two cents.

In 1996?
Shape of the headstock is not even close to a real ESP headstock (more curved at the sides and not as wide)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Well, I think I will avoid it... It's selling for 330$...

Thanks for your constructive comments !
Yeah, good call, def. fake.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Fake? Real? What ever it is that thing is fugly! I wouldnt buy it even if it said Gibson...

Head stock does not look like real esp or ltd. Body looks like epi special II.