I just can't decide sound wise. Each one has attractions,double muff has two effects in one,germanium overdrive has vintage warmth and the Palmer overdrive has a cool thing where you can make it sound like you have a full stack with one clean cab and one distorted cab. If anyone has one please share your experiences. I'm using it to boost a tube amp. Don't say ibanez tube screamer or a clone of one.
]
I would go for a Ibanez TS-9.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I love the double muff and germanium, but to me the germanium can do more, but the double muff is a great deal.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
I love the double muff and germanium, but to me the germanium can do more, but the double muff is a great deal.

And cheaper How well do you think those pedals would push a tube amp? All the videos on youtube are the pedals input into a clean channel.
]
Quote by stykerwolf
well you could tell us which bands you like and what tone you're after and we can suggest better pedals. don't get fooled for the parlmer full stack thingy, sounds gimmicky

I want to drive an ibanez tubescreamer head for a metal tone à là five finger death punch and metallica
]
Quote by stykerwolf
there are a lot of good builders on here if you want a custom made overdrive, Timmy (greeny) from toyroom FX, Matt (molteratx) and John (forsakenazrael).

Two questions

How much?
Do they deliver to the U.K mainland?
]
Quote by stykerwolf
there are a lot of good builders on here if you want a custom made overdrive, Timmy (greeny) from toyroom FX, Matt (molteratx) and John (forsakenazrael).

You say Timmy is from toyroom fx but you didn't say what company the others each have. Please enlighten me
]
Quote by falcon1439
I want to drive an ibanez tubescreamer head for a metal tone à là five finger death punch and metallica

That's not gonna happen. Especially with the pedals you listed in the OP. You want a distortion pedal. But high gain pedals don't really work well through small amps. You're kind of stuck. You bought an amp completely wrong for what you want.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
That's not gonna happen. Especially with the pedals you listed in the OP. You want a distortion pedal. But high gain pedals don't really work well through small amps. You're kind of stuck. You bought an amp completely wrong for what you want.

So an ibanez tubescreamer plus overdrive pedal won't work?
]
Quote by falcon1439
So an ibanez tubescreamer plus overdrive pedal won't work?

No. You need something like an Okko Dominator to run through the clean channel but because of your amp's lack of headroom, it probably won't work too well.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
No. You need something like an Okko Dominator to run through the clean channel but because of your amp's lack of headroom, it probably won't work too well.

How many watts do you need then?
]
Quote by falcon1439
What?

It's a pedal called the Fuck Overdrive. It's not really for metal though.
If he just needs it to boost a tube amp it can also function pretty well as a slightly dirty boost.