Hey guys, I have a Seagull S6 that I just bought a couple months ago brand new, and my high e string keeps dropping to eb ten seconds after i tune it up. What's up with this?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
The string is likely slipping on the post. Either that, or it's really worn and is stretching. Next time you replace the strings, use the method of looping the end under the first turn, which locks the string in place. On an acoustic, I do this for the first three strings. On an electric, I do it for the first 4 or 5 strings.
Quote by KG6_Steven
The string is likely slipping on the post. Either that, or it's really worn and is stretching. Next time you replace the strings, use the method of looping the end under the first turn, which locks the string in place. On an acoustic, I do this for the first three strings. On an electric, I do it for the first 4 or 5 strings.

I replaced the strings when I got it, so they're only about 2 months old. Also, I did loop it under, maybe I should just replace them.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

How much do you play in 2 months? You may have killed the strings. Replace them, then if the issue persists, look for a mechanical issue.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
In addition to locking down the tag end of the strings – and making sure they have plenty of wraps around the tuner posts, try adding some tension to the tuner mechanisms by tightening the knob screws a bit. With good quality tuners like yours, it’s unlikely that gears would slip, even if the tension is light. However, if they turn too easily, slight unintentional bumps and nudges can change pitch dramatically.
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
Did you stretch the new strings when you put them on?

Is the ball end of the string correctly anchored in the bridge so it doesn't slip?

If it isn't any of those, then check to make sure the string isn't binding in the nut channel, if it is then either use graphite lube on it or take it in to have the channel cut a little wider.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by BlackbirdPie
Did you stretch the new strings when you put them on?

Is the ball end of the string correctly anchored in the bridge so it doesn't slip?

If it isn't any of those, then check to make sure the string isn't binding in the nut channel, if it is then either use graphite lube on it or take it in to have the channel cut a little wider.

Can you use pencil lead?

Yup
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.