whats the difference between a ts9 and a ts808? and which one is better?
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
TS808 is smoother than the TS-9.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
There's very little audible difference. I'd just go for the TS9.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Real question is whats the difference between keeley modded and stock?
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
keeley modded?? whats that?

The 808 apparently has a bigger bottom end.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Robert Keeley makes pedals does mods, hence Keeley modded. As for the difference, I feel like a TS808 voiced pedal is smoother than a TS9, but it only makes as much difference as you feel it does. The same GENERAL voicing and a mid hump and bass cut is there in either pedal.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
any other suggestions then for an OD or distortion pedal??

there's a ton of options, everyone who posts after you ask that will give you 4 different pedals than the next person, and it starts to become pretty overwhelming, and to be honest most pedals are just someone's version of a standard circuit board that is found in grandfather pedals like the TS9. I support TS9s a lot, i think they are great, and modded TS9s are great too, besides keeley theres also Analogman who I prefer over keeley, but to each his own.

As far as other "grandfather pedals"...the fulltone OCD is among the ranks as well, really thick and creamy sounding gain, it borderlines a british sound but only to an extent. I believe the Boss OD pedal is a TS9 clone, but I might be mistaken, maybe someone will clear that up.

The best thing to do with OD pedals is to just go and try them out.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
there's a big article on the tubescreamer on geofex.com
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've done the Keeley mods on mine. The one that makes the biggest difference is changing the 0.047uF cap to a 0.1uF one. It restores some of the bass. I've never been a great fan of the way a TS cuts out all your bass.
As for the difference between the TS808 and the TS9 - two resistors. If you can hear the difference after swapping those out you have better ears than me.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
maybe hold off on registering on tgp for a while, cath
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
But seriously, look at the difference in values and where they are in the circuit. How could they make much difference? You are talking about break points beyond human hearing. Hell, it's beyond canine hearing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yeah i know
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
TS9 cuts alot of low end, that some might not like.

It's a matter of taste, you have to find out for yourself what you like.
so does an 808
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
so does an 808

+1
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
that 0.047 cap is the same in both models. that's the one you change if you want more bass.

unless you have tgp ears
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
808 supposedly has a bigger mid hump, which is better for boosting.

They're both ridiculously overpriced for what they are. For a third of the price of the TS9 you can get a TS7, which is basically (again), the same exact pedal, and it has two modes.

For around the price of a TS9, you can get better alternatives like a Way Huge Green Rhino. or an MXR GT-OD.

There's also the Boss SD-1 that's a bit different, but still good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
None of them have a big mid hump, they have a bass cut. They both cut the bass the same amount. Any difference you hear is down to tolerance of components. You are just as likely to hear as much difference between two different 808's as between an 808 and a 9.

The DS-1 is only good if you mod them, otherwise it's a box of bees.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

And after you mod them they're a box of 'killer bees'. I've never listened to an 808, just a TS-7, TS-9, and TS-9DX. The DX seems a little more 'bassy' to my ears, but most people tell me I'm deaf. So is the difference between a 9 and a 9DX essentially like having a 9 modded?
Quote by IbanezBossShred
And after you mod them they're a box of 'killer bees'. I've never listened to an 808, just a TS-7, TS-9, and TS-9DX. The DX seems a little more 'bassy' to my ears, but most people tell me I'm deaf. So is the difference between a 9 and a 9DX essentially like having a 9 modded?
As far as the extra modes on the DX, it's WAY more bassy. That's pretty much the idea. I use it specifically as a boost for when I also want a really fat and compressed lead tone. I can't speak for the main tubescreamer setting on it in comparison to a ts9 though as I haven't played them side by side in years.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Cathbard

i think he means the sd1. which is (more or less) an asymmetrically clipped tubescreamer. sounds a bit edgier than a ts, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh ok. Yeah the SD-1 is totally useable. In many ways I actually prefer them to a tubescreamer, especially for lead.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band

only thing that scares me about them is they have a bit of a rep for the signal bleeding into the bypass signal. which'd suck.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well my SD-1 is built into my GP-8. No problems with that sort of thing in that.

Having said that, my pedalboard has a Livingstone overdrive on it which I think is a repackaged Daphon e10-OD and it sounds very very SD-1'ish. Not bad for a $20 Aldi pedal.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
ah ok

and yeah i think i've heard several people say those daphons might be sd1 clones. i haven't tried it but the couple i do have had fine buffers.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Way Huge Green Rhino!!!!!!!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah ok

and yeah i think i've heard several people say those daphons might be sd1 clones. i haven't tried it but the couple i do have had fine buffers.

Well if they are I guess my Livingstone is a clone of a clone.
I haven't bothered trying to trace out the circuit but it does sound a lot like an SD-1. If it isn't a clone I'd be pretty surprised.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^

but yeah i'd guess so
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
why are people still arguing that they sound different?!
mojostompboxes.com