So, my school has this huge model United Nations held at the convention centre downtown.

My delegation is Kyrgyzstan.

Has/did your school ever do one of these?

Did you love it? Hate it? And why?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
You should start a fight with Tajikistan. It's time those aluminium exporting persian descendants got their come-uppings
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
You should start a fight with Tajikistan. It's time those aluminium exporting persian descendants got their come-uppings

That's pretty brave. I should be like Kyrgyz Ron Paul.

I was in it my Junior year of high school. I represented Canada.

It was actually super fun I thought, but I never said anything cause my teacher was an idiot and didn't prepare us at all. So I just sat there and abstained while getting notes from attractive girls, even though you were only supposed to give notes in regards to actual united nations matters.

So yeah, I got girls' numbers and got to skip school for like 4 days. And I met cool people. That was a good time.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by due 07
Trade your military to Kenya for 50 lions.

Last edited by bradulator at Feb 19, 2012,
Quote by bradulator

dat april :3

You guys are lucky. No school I've ever gone to has had anything remotely cool like a model UN. There's a politics club at my school now, but I went one day after school and it was filled with a bunch of trollpublican plebs completely blind to their own privileges so idgaf'd and never went back. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
I was only able to do it that year because I didn't know about it my first two years and my senior year when I got all excited for it the teacher decided she wasn't going to sponsor it.

Seriously, I didn't do shit the whole time. I drew a shitty maple leaf on the little Canada placard me and the cute asian girl I fell hopelessly in love with shared since we were both Canadaing it up. I miss those times, that was the best year of my life probably
My school never did this. If we did, I would choose to be Kazakhstan and then play the Borat version of their nation anthem and talk shit to Uzbekistan.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
My school never did this. If we did, I would choose to be Kazakhstan and then play the Borat version of their nation anthem and talk shit to Uzbekistan.

Leading exporter of Potassium! All other countries are run by little girls!

Yes, if I was gonna get a boring Central Asian country, why couldn't it be Kazakhstan?

My school has an international relations class where you do this. I wanted to sign up but I needed a signature from a teacher that knew nothing about me, and the general attitude from all the teachers about that class is "lol waste of a credit you'd be stupid to take it".

Maybe next year.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Feb 19, 2012,
Yeah I have to do this f*cking bullshit as a huge project this year in high school. Every kid in my grade does. We just get enormous packets with hours worth of work to do in them. My assigned country is the USA.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
We did a model un thing at my uni once debating the zimbabwe election. Result Britain and France invaded zimbabwe.
Quote by slipknot5678
My school has a international relations class where you do this. I wanted to sign up but I needed a signature from a teacher that knew nothing about me, and the general attitude from all the teachers about that class is "lol waste of a credit you'd be stupid to take it".

Maybe next year.

Man, I hated teachers who wouldn't let you take certain classes. My counselor did this to me once, I was pissed.
I did it for a year or two in high school. It was alright I suppose, I went to some model UN conference or whatever and was in the "security council" sessions. Aside from everyone being pretentious and taking themselves/it waaaaayyy too seriously, it was interesting.
My God, it's full of stars!
I just got back from a four day conference at Duke University a few hours ago. I was Australia in the Security Council, but set in the year 2050. We had to deal with US, China, and India breaking a nuclear disarmament treaty, and track down a bioterrorist. It felt like we wrote the plot for the next CoD game.

I've also participated in two a year for my previous three years of high school. I would highly recommend anyone that can participate to do so, and to take it seriously.
Quote by In Vein
I just got back from a four day conference at Duke University a few hours ago. I was Australia in the Security Council, but set in the year 2050. We had to deal with US, China, and India breaking a nuclear disarmament treaty, and track down a bioterrorist. It felt like we wrote the plot for the next CoD game.

I've also participated in two a year for my previous three years of high school. I would highly recommend anyone that can participate to do so, and to take it seriously.

That sounds so cool.

I never had a class where I could sit around and do nothing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I never had a class where I could sit around and do nothing.

lol Model U.N. set in the late 40s/early 50s is a bit more punchy. But you do have to wait for the soviet ambassador to go and pee so you can vote to invade korea.
Quote by Draken
lol Model U.N. set in the late 40s/early 50s is a bit more punchy. But you do have to wait for the soviet ambassador to go and pee so you can vote to invade korea.

He never made it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
lulz. the 'stans.

I did a small thing kinda like this in a class once. I was North Korea.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Dreadnought
I did it for a year or two in high school. It was alright I suppose, I went to some model UN conference or whatever and was in the "security council" sessions. Aside from everyone being pretentious and taking themselves/it waaaaayyy too seriously, it was interesting.

Basically this. I've been Uganda, China, and Lebanon. And I'm an officer this year, lol. Mainly doing it to look good for college. Plus I look pretty cute in a suit, if I dare say so myself.
But some of the people are sooooo annoying. "We can't do a full weekend conference-- I need every weekend to study!" That made me laugh. However, I did get high with a couple model un guys a few months ago. >.>
if you have a marginally radical or somewhat unstable country, the answer is always STAGE A WALKOUT.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Oh oh who gets to be the dick who does whatever he wants while everyone else threatens a "timeout"?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
So what is this exactly, do you just represent a country in a faux UN? I think that sounds pretty cool.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
I represented the US.

Everybody agreed with me, all the time, and if they didn't, I just got NATO to destroy their country. It was awesome.
I play my guitar like I live life; upside-down.

Gear:
Sender Fratocaster
LTD Phoenix-200
Fender Sonoran
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fender Mustang V 412
MUN is so fun. I only did it for a year though because everyone in it was so annoying. "I can't meet on weekdays because I have to do my homework" so we had to meet for 6 hours every Saturday -_-

it was pretty cool though. I was Australia and Cuba. Everyone kept picking fights with us.
cat
I'm seriously considering Kensai's idea of beefing with Tajikistan. Those bastards.

What they gon' do? We got oil, and thus the backing of the US, once I introduce a resolution to strike an oil deal to America.

We did one for our final in my freshman year of high school. It was about nuclear power in Iran. I was North Korea, so I was the bad influence that kept telling the Iran kid that all the cool third world countries were doing it. The Australian kid got kicked out because he called the teacher a jackass during the middle of it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
We have like a model congress thing instead, but you have to take like some law class in freshman or sophmore year first. I never learned about those law classes this year. I heard they are a pain the ass but model congrss is really badass
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
I would totally be Canada and bitch that no one takes me seriously and tell them I'm gonna invade their countries or shut down our economy.

I bet people would take Canada seriously then...
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by vicarious46
I would totally be Canada and bitch that no one takes me seriously and tell them I'm gonna invade their countries or shut down our economy.

I bet people would take Canada seriously then...

"this is not aboot diplomacy, this is aboot respect"
Quote by moscaespañol
I'm seriously considering Kensai's idea of beefing with Tajikistan. Those bastards.

What they gon' do? We got oil, and thus the backing of the US, once I introduce a resolution to strike an oil deal to America.

Start off the meeting with a Tajikistan hate speech. Join the dark side...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████