I just picked up a Les Paul Standard. Im not diggin the pickups. I play hard rock and I mess around with some metal. What pickups would you recommend me for playing stuff like Alterbridge,Stone Temple Pilots and Collective Soul. I want hot pickups and I dont like the sound of actives. I would prefer passive with a chrome covering. I play a Triple Rec, so i like it heavy sounding. Imagine the song heavy by collective soul. Thats my dream sound. Anyway thanks in advance.
Well what pickups are they?

I have Gibson 500Ts in both of my LPs and they really scream through my Dual Rec

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
They are really muddy..Ive messed with my settings and I just cant get a good sound that i like out of them. The neck is alright but i know I can do better. The bridge is just horrible..
I personally didn't like the Gibson pups in my custom either. I recommend Seymour Duncan. I use the SH-2 and the Sh-4 and they are ****ing amazing. If you want hotter you could try the SH-6. I have come to realize that SD makes the best pickups out there and I don't think I will ever use anything else.
I believe Ross Childress was the guitarist for collective soul when heavy came out and i think he just use the stock pickups that were in his PRS
Quote by Gibsonboywonder
They are really muddy..Ive messed with my settings and I just cant get a good sound that i like out of them. The neck is alright but i know I can do better. The bridge is just horrible..

What pickups do you normally use and get your tones out of?

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
I was playing a stock fender hss strat with stock custom shops. Its very versitle but i got the paul to handle the heavier things.
Maybe just get a Tube Screamer to tighten it up?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Gibsonboywonder
I just picked up a Les Paul Standard. Im not diggin the pickups. I play hard rock and I mess around with some metal. What pickups would you recommend me for playing stuff like Alterbridge,Stone Temple Pilots and Collective Soul. I want hot pickups and I dont like the sound of actives. I would prefer passive with a chrome covering. I play a Triple Rec, so i like it heavy sounding. Imagine the song heavy by collective soul. Thats my dream sound. Anyway thanks in advance.

Duncan Custom in the bridge, 59 in the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's not uncommon for people used to Strats to play a Les Paul and think it sounds muddy or muted. It's an inherently much warmer, thicker-sounding guitar.

I would suggest you simply spend more time with your amp (after all, it's not like a Triple Recti really needs bright, high output pickups to get screaming hard rock and metal tones - it's more than capable of doing that by itself, regardless of pickups), as the ''muddy'' tone you're hearing is most likely just you not being used to a warm-toned guitar.

That said, if you're really hell-bent on changing pickups, my picks are the SD Custom or Alternative 8 (if you want to go really 'heavy') for the bridge and a SD Jazz in the neck.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
A Seymour Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge and '59 in the neck? If that doesn't work, then what you really need is a new amp.
As said, it takes a bit to get used to mahogany warmth. I always feel the opposite whenever I play my strat after playing one of my mahogany guitars for awhile.

If you really have some dough to drop for pups though, Bareknuckles are absolutely worth looking at
NOPE
There are tone controls on your amp. The LPs output is both hotter and generally less bite than a Strat. Hotter means you can lower both your gain and the tone control levels overall.
Moving on.....