My A D G strings have been buzzing and i just noticed that its because they are touching the frets.I have heard that you can fix it by filling the nut slightly with superglue and baking soda.Does this work?Can i fill the nut with something other then those?like paper?
Take it to a tech.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
If the strings buzz when plucked open than its the nut, if they buzz only when fretted its the neck .Either way take the advice of roaddawg07 and take it to a tech.
Ideally, you want just the saddle meeting the wood, but, you can put a spacer made out of any hard material to raise it. I believe plastic spacers are even available at certain guitar stores.

In a pinch you can use solid copper wire (sans insulation), find the right gauge that raises your saddle just enough to stop the buzz.

Using superglue would make it more or less permanant, and the use of paper will deaden the vibration transference.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by Zimwibwe
If the strings buzz when plucked open than its the nut, if they buzz only when fretted its the neck .Either way take the advice of roaddawg07 and take it to a tech.

I disagree, string buzz can be caused by many different factors.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
its an open string buzz and i think the cause is the strings are touching the fret.Dont think i need to take it to the tech.All i need is something to lift the slot of the nut slightly so the string wont b touching the frets.
Last edited by music99 at Feb 19, 2012,