Hi forum

Recently boiught this guitar http://www.fretmusic.co.uk/Ibanez_AF75-BS_Artcore_Hollow-body_Electric_Guitar.html

Was wondering what sort of amp would be best for a range of sounds, i like playing alot of sloe acousticy music which id want a nice clean sound for, but also a heavy sound, a heavy sound similar to bands like Brand New and Alexisonfire...

Was wondering what amp would be best to get the most of my guitar and to get these sounds, hopefully someone can help

Budget? Around £500 max

Genres? Acousticly clean stuff like Mayer, Bon Iver, City and Colour, but would love to turn it up and play some stuff like Brand New, Alexisonfire, Gallows.

New or Used? Doesnt matter to me tbh, as long as the amps good!

Home or Gig? For home!

Closest City? Southampton UK

Current Gear? NONEEE
Last edited by samsam1704 at Feb 19, 2012,
If you're wanting to play around with a range of sounds, I'd have thought a modelling amp could be a good match for you. Possibly the Vox Valvetronix range?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
maybe a blackstar ht20, or vox ac 15 c1, and an od pedal to put infront of it to drive it a little
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I almost never say this because I am more of the "like to hear MY amp" type, but if your just using for home and only personal use, I would get a modeling amp. Typically you wont get the best tone, but a modeling amp and even a multi fx pedal would probably keep you busy happy for a couple years. I know vox makes some modeling amps.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
traynor ycv50b on thomann? needs a boost for heavier stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
holy shit dude that sig is awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 812many
Typically you wont get the best tone, but a modeling amp and even a multi fx pedal would probably keep you busy happy for a couple years. I know vox makes some modeling amps.

Says you. I'd take my Vypyr Tube over any other amp for $500 any day of the week.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X