Poll: Vote
Poll Options
View poll results: Vote
I like(d) the Pokemon anime more than Dragon Ball (Z, GT, whatever)
84 50%
I like(d) Dragon Ball (Z, GT, whatever) more than the Pokemon anime
72 43%
I wasn't a ****** and never watched either
12 7%
Voters: 168.
Page 1 of 4
As a kid, I only really watched two animes; Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon.

I stopped watching pokemon in 5th grade, and left right around when the 2nd gen started. I didn't leave because I was a 1st gen elitist. I guess I just grew out of it (that said, I started playing the games again and love it).

I stopped watching Dragon Ball Z in 7th grade, right around when stuff like Majin Buu and Gogeta was happening. I remember once they finished a saga on cartoon network (Toonami), they'd replay the whole series, so once when I didn't feel like watching it all over again, I stopped for good.

I always like to go back and watch an episode or two from shows I liked as a child for nostalgia sake. Anyways, me and a friend were talking, and I said I thought Pokemon was a better anime that Dragon Ball. And he said that's the gayest shit he's ever heard. Anyways, both have pretty damn bad voice acting, but Dragon Ball's was especially bad. Not to mention that each saga is essentially the same shit, just more screaming and more power. It's still fun to watch though, and has some interesting things here and there.

Anyways, which anime did you prefer? I know about the vs. thread rule, but that's usually just for musicians.
Last edited by The Madcap at Feb 19, 2012,
I never got into Dragon Ball Z. It might have been because I never saw 2 or more sequential episodes so nothing made sense, but either way it bored the hell out of me. Come at me, friends.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I liked Dragon Ball Z, but we didn't have cable when I was a kid, so Pokemon all the way.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by The Madcap
As a kid, I only really watched to animes; Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon.

I stopped watching pokemon in 5th grade, and left right around when the 2nd gen started. I didn't leave because I was a 1st gen elitist. I guess I just grew out of it (that said, I started playing the games again and love it).

I stopped watching Dragon Ball Z in 7th grade, right around when stuff like Majin Buu and Gogeta was happening. I remember once they finished a saga on cartoon network (Toonami), they'd replay the whole series, so once when I didn't feel like watching it all over again, I stopped for good.

I always like to go back and watch an episode or two from shows I liked as a child for nostalgia sake. Anyways, me and a friend were talking, and I said I thought Pokemon was a better anime that Dragon Ball. And he said that's the gayest shit he's ever heard. Anyways, both have pretty damn bad voice acting, but Dragon Ball's was especially bad. Not to mention that each saga is essentially the same shit, just more screaming and more power. It's still fun to watch though, and has some interesting things here and there.

Anyways, which anime did you prefer? I know about the vs. thread rule, but that's usually just for musicians.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator

Anyways, Pokémon's plot was hardly well constructed in comparison. Better story writing goes to Dragon Ball Z, although execution wasn't always the best.
Dragonball Z for the show.

Pokemon for the games.

GT was a bit rubbish and Pokemon got a bit silly later on.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
But I never watched DBZ so Pokemon wins even though the show really wasn't very good either. Only Misty was good cause she wore those nice shorts.

Quote by blake
Anyways, Pokémon's plot was hardly well constructed in comparison. Better story writing goes to Dragon Ball Z, although execution wasn't always the best.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Dragonball Z was a much better show, but Pokemon was a better game. Plus the cards rocked.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by The Madcap
As a kid, I only really watched to animes; Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon.

Is disappointed Madcap
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by The Madcap

Not to mention that each saga is essentially the same shit, just more screaming and more power. It's still fun to watch though, and has some interesting things here and there.

True, but it had its moments.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 19, 2012,
Quote by blake1221
Fair enough. But at least pokemon doesn't have
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *breath* arrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh* breath* AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH *BREATH* AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gasps of characters watching*
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
True, but it had its moments.

If you think about it most Pokemon episodes are essentially the same
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by WCPhils
Dragonball Z was a much better show, but Pokemon was a better game. Plus the cards rocked.

This is obviously the correct answer, which is why I am dismayed by the poll results so far
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
If you think about it most Pokemon episodes are essentially the same

Yeah.

And in DBZ, Some Sagas were worse than others. The Frieza Saga was amazing but the Nappa's screaming in the Saiyan saga made watching the show painful in a bad way.

jus' saiyan.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by WCPhils

Pokemon was good through the entire first season, second season, and Orange Islands, while DBZ was only good up until the Cell Saga

My card game of choice was Yu-Gi-Oh! I didn't learn how to play Pokemon TCG until very recently.

Edit: Actually, the first half of whatever came after Orange Islands was good, too.
Last edited by institutions at Feb 19, 2012,
Quote by The Madcap
Fair enough. But at least pokemon doesn't have
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *breath* arrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh* breath* AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH *BREATH* AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gasps of characters watching*

Serioulsy! I remember an episode at the end of the Cell story arch where that was the entire episode. It was Gohan and Cell doing that for a half an hour. (Well that's how I remember it. keep in mind this was almost 10 years ago, )

Quote by institutions
Pokemon was good through the entire first season, second season, and Orange Islands, while DBZ was only good up until the Cell Saga

My card game of choice was Yu-Gi-Oh! I didn't learn how to play Pokemon TCG until very recently.

Edit: Actually, the first half of whatever came after Orange Islands was good, too.

I never knew how to play either of them. I just liked collecting them.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 19, 2012,
Quote by The Madcap
(Toonami)

Speaking of that, did anyone else watch Rurouni Kenshin alot? I loved that show when I was a kid.

I recently was reminded of it's existence and watched an episode, it was not as amazing as I remember it
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by WCPhils

Serioulsy! I remember an episode at the end of the Cell story arch where that was the entire episode. It was Gohan and Cell doing that for a half an hour. (Well that's how I remember it. keep in mind this was almost 10 years ago, )

Or the episode where Gohan and Cell were shooting that Kamehameha at each other for about 2 episodes straight. Or the fight between Goku and Freeza where the planet was supposed to explode in 5 mins and it took them 5 episodes to blow up.

Quote by palm mute
Speaking of that, anyone else watch Rurouni Kenshin alot? I loved that show when I was a kid.

I recently was reminded of it's existence and watched an episode, it was not as amazing as I remember it

Read the manga, it has all the blood Toonami censored out.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I tried to like DBZ, but it felt like most of it was guys with black hair screaming at each other, with some of them occasionally going blonde.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
As a kid, I was OBSESSED with Pokemon (still am, mind you, but I haven't watched the show since about the sixth or so movie), having grown up within the huge boom in the early 2000's.

As for Dragonball, I got into the manga for a short period, but I didn't read the whole series. I went about halfway through it and then stopped reading. Not as much as "I'm bored of this" as much as me "forgetting" to read them and eventually not caring anymore.

That being said, comparing the two is like comparing apples with bicycles.

I prefer Pokemon though, if you insist.

*goes back to trying to evolve Gligar*
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Feb 19, 2012,
How is this even a question? Does Pokemon even have a plot? It always seemed like Ash and the gang were just wandering around, and then randomly find a city, battle the gym leader and get a badge. Sure, there may be two or three episodes that have an over-arching plot (usually when Ash was trying to get a badge, or during the Pokemon League) but over all, everything just felt kinda random.

When it comes to movies though, i'v yet to see a DBZ movie I liked, while the first three Pokemon movies were all great (at least they seemed that way, when I was a wee lad)
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Read the manga, it has all the blood Toonami censored out.

And less horrible voice actors I would hope.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I didn't watch either; I had a shitty childhood, as it appears.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Wolfinator-x
*goes back to trying to evolve Gligar*
Since when does Gligar fucking evolve?
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by palm mute
And less horrible voice actors I would hope.

I'd be damned if I found a manga with voice acting.

Quote by behind_you

Gen IV
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Pokemon.

I also watched Gundam Wing a lot.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Minkaro
Digimon > DBZ > Pokemon

you are a smelly hipster

and nobody likes you

OT: Dragon Ball Z for the show, definitely. I tried being ascending to the next level every other day.
When it comes to Pokemon:

Generation 1 and 2 >>>> Generations afterwards >>>>> Sex, probably. I'll get back to y'all on that one ASAP.
Quote by muffinduck01
the first three Pokemon movies were all great (at least they seemed that way, when I was a wee lad)
The third one was was just plain awesome shit.
Quote by behind_you
Since Nintendo gave it an evolution in generation 4 (in my case, Pokemon Heartgold).
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Feb 19, 2012,
I watched the original Dragon Ball, Project A-ko, Vampire Hunter D and Dominion Tank Police before Pokemon came out. I would have to say Dragon Ball and DBZ > Pokemon.
Page 1 of 4